For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

dan1mall
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

rubberband issues

Post by dan1mall »

hey people

today when I tried to start bf3 I got "bf3.exe isnt working" three times in a row. After restarting origin however it seemed to work. But then after 5 minutes of gameplay I suddenly got insane ammounts of rubberband, to the point of unplayabilty. I asked the server and my ping seemed to be around 60, so I dont think that was the problem.

Anyone else have this problem? if so how did you fix it. and if not, do you have any ideas on how to fix? :P

Thanks a bunch
dan
Total_focus_haz

Re: rubberband issues

Post by Total_focus_haz »

Any particular map or is it all of them in general you are getting the issue?
dan1mall
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by dan1mall »

I had it on caspian first, and switched server to kharg, and once again got it after 5 min of play
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

Sounds like some memory clearing problem maybe? Do you know if anybody else on the server (was it our server?) had the same experience? Where you doing anything special, like driving, flying. Does it also happen when you join an empty server?
dan1mall
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by dan1mall »

happened first time on an empty server while practicing jets, and after that on random other servers. Also when only going infantry. Im currently reinstalling, hoping this might fix the issue
Total_focus_haz

Post by Total_focus_haz »

Could be a memory lag from DDR memory or graphics card I used to get it but upgraded my graphics card and physical memory.

16Gb DDR5
2x GT560 cards

Haz
fittyman

Post by fittyman »

If you are using Nvidia, try updating drivers to the new ones just released. Apparently solves a memory problem regarding BF3 and Video cards with a gig or less of memory.

http://www.geforce.com/Drivers/Results/41694 (64 Bit)

http://www.geforce.com/Drivers/Results/41697 (32 bit)

"Battlefield 3

Fixes instances of texture corruption/artifacts in Battlefield 3 when memory constrained (typically 1GB or less graphics cards running Ultra settings and high resolutions)"
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Could also be packetloss thru the internet.
dan1mall
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by dan1mall »

the wierd thing is, that Ive only started getting it since yesterday, and it was fine the months before that. I think it has something to do with a bf3 file being corrupt, as it was also telling me that bf3.exe wasnt working right after startup. Im reinstalling now, and Ill let you guys know if this fixes it.

Thanks a lot guys, your being really helpfull :D
Dan

EDIT: yeah, the reinstall seemed to have fixed it, thanks for all the help guys :)
dan1mall
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by dan1mall »

well, after a couple of hours of play the issue came right back. Ive updated my graphics card driver, and reinstalled so far. Anyone else have any ideas on how to fix? I've only been getting it for 2 days now, so I know both my pc and my internet can handle the game.

Any help would be appreciated
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Make sure your PB is up to date.

Also, plot your pings to a server and see if your Internet provider has developed packetloss.
dan1mall
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by dan1mall »

problems just got worse, every single time I try to start the game now. It instantly gives me the "battlefield3.exe has stopped working" message. Im completely clueless, and the tech support at battelog has been less than helpfull.
Anyone have a clue what to do?
Ash2Dust wrote:Make sure your PB is up to date.

Also, plot your pings to a server and see if your Internet provider has developed packetloss.
So yeah im pretty sure its not to do with PB, but rather with the bf3 files itself, since it wont even start up. (not single player either). Ive reinstalled, and repaired. Neither have helped

EDIT: its something to do with the teamspeak overlay apperantly. It runs fine when I have that turned off. so problem solved I guess
BYN124

Post by BYN124 »

Hmm weird. TS overlay works fine for me. But you have to turn of the origin overlay for it to work. Maybe u had them both running and they started messing up your game.
fittyman

Post by fittyman »

Are you running any overclocks? Or overclocking programs?

I know BF3 hates it when I have MSI afterburner running and BF3 does not play nice with overclocks much.

It also hates it if you leave an overclocking program open. I have gotten some serious rubberbanding issues if I leave my Asus Smart Doctor running. I have to close the game, close smart doctor and then re-launch BF3.
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

My BF3 runs fine with MSI Afterburner running.
Clicky to become a Voteable member.

“…so realistic, it'll have you picking shrapnel out of your backside.”