Windows 7 Build 7601 not genuine.

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

fawadforlan

Windows 7 Build 7601 not genuine.

Post by fawadforlan »

Hey guys,

I have bought my computer 2 years ago from a man who sells game pc's.
He installed Windows 7 ultimate 32bit on my computer and he told me that it was 100% official windows 7.
Till now I reinstalled my pc 2 times ( a year ago and a few months ago), everytime I just used my Windows 7 ultimate key and it worked with no problem.

But yesterday I downloaded 4 security updates, and today it says This copy of Windows is not genuine.
My friend also had this problem, and on the internet( I googled my problem) alot of people have this message after they installed the same updates I installed.

Can anyone help me with this?

Edit: I installed service pack 1 a long time ago, the first night it came out I installed it.
Battlefield 3
Campaign 2 - Staff Sergeant
Campaign 3 - Captain
Campaign 4 - Private
Arcturus
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Windows 7 Build 7601 not genuine.

Post by Arcturus »

In all probablity, the key is an OEM version. This means that Microsoft limits the amount of times the key is used. I had the same thing with my Windows 7 x64 Ultimate key when formatting. So solve this problem, I simply rang Microsoft and told them I wanted to reinstall my PC. They'll ask you if you have the same key on another system, which you shouldn't since you're formatting. Then they'll unlock the key and you'll be able to reinstall the OS.
BF3 C2 - Lt. | BF3 C3 - Maj. | BF3 C4 - Field Marshall | BF3 C5 - Tournament Administrator
fawadforlan

Post by fawadforlan »

I found a youtube video where someone had a fix for it, There was a big chance that it was a virus or malware but I just installed the software, because I could not find anything else to fix this. I pressed unlock and now everything is OK.
Battlefield 3
Campaign 2 - Staff Sergeant
Campaign 3 - Captain
Campaign 4 - Private
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Next time go in control panel> show Windows updates, sort them by date and Google them for what its supposed to do. I had the same problem once and one update was there just so it checks for genuinity and I was able to simply uninstall it.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

dsfarcturus wrote:In all probablity, the key is an OEM version. This means that Microsoft limits the amount of times the key is used. I had the same thing with my Windows 7 x64 Ultimate key when formatting. So solve this problem, I simply rang Microsoft and told them I wanted to reinstall my PC. They'll ask you if you have the same key on another system, which you shouldn't since you're formatting. Then they'll unlock the key and you'll be able to reinstall the OS.
This.
The windows telling you that its not legit should take you to a link with a phone number.
BLYFACTOR

Post by BLYFACTOR »

I know how to solve it but I cant list the item within these forums.

PM if u wish to have it fixed but this will limit u too somethings like windows xp window download software

but ya. It kills genuine items. and Win-7 64bit ultimate doesnt hand out licensing there for u cant renew multiple times either.

But if u wish to have the item I have PM>
GC Battledays (7)
Check out my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/BLYFACTOR?feature=mhee
Epic 64 man Fun Stuff Sign Up hereviewtopic.php?f=2&t=17693&p=189318#p189318