BLY_FACTORs Rig(+plans4future)

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: BLY_FACTORs Rig(+plans4future)

Post by styphon »

I find it funny you think this will clear up BF3 lag. You'll still lag like the rest of us. No machine in the world can clear up DICE's poor netcode...
BLYFACTOR

Post by BLYFACTOR »

styphon wrote:I find it funny you think this will clear up BF3 lag. You'll still lag like the rest of us. No machine in the world can clear up DICE's poor netcode...
I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT BOTTLENECK MEANS!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLY COW READ UP ON YOUR PC STUFF> 35 FPS consistantly WITH TOP OF THE LINE GRAPHICS CARD IN PCIe x16 1.0 OMG DAM YOU fraking PEOPLE WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND! I'll be sure not to mention any more of my knowledge to GC cuz they suck ass with components.
GC Battledays (7)
Check out my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/BLYFACTOR?feature=mhee
Epic 64 man Fun Stuff Sign Up hereviewtopic.php?f=2&t=17693&p=189318#p189318
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

BLYFACTOR wrote:
styphon wrote:I find it funny you think this will clear up BF3 lag. You'll still lag like the rest of us. No machine in the world can clear up DICE's poor netcode...

HOLY COW READ UP ON YOUR PC STUFF> 35 FPS consistantly WITH TOP OF THE LINE GRAPHICS CARD IN PCIe x16 1.0 OMG DAM YOU fecking PEOPLE WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND! I'll be sure not to mention any more of my knowledge to GC cuz they suck ass with components.
You clearly said "bye bye BF3 lag"

Lag does not mean Slow/Stuttering FPS.
Styphon correctly responded with the post about lag being an issue on Dice's poor netcode.

Again, lag does not mean Slow FPS.

Edit: Many of us understand and know our way around computer components. Please don't go around bashing the community like that.
Image[/url]
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

BLYFACTOR wrote:

HOLY COW READ UP ON YOUR PC STUFF> 35 FPS consistantly WITH TOP OF THE LINE GRAPHICS CARD IN PCIe x16 1.0 OMG DAM YOU fecking PEOPLE WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND! I'll be sure not to mention any more of my knowledge to GC cuz they suck ass with components.
Yea... I've been building PC's for over 10 years. I used to work in second line I.T. support fixing desktops and servers. Comments like that really aren't appreciated. You even showed your own lack of knowledge when you're still talking about FPS when I'm talking about netcode (ping/hit box reg).
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

BLYFACTOR wrote:

This kind of disrespect towards anyone will not be tolerated especially not against a veteran TA member. Styphon's PC is older than yourself and yet you talk to him like you are the godfather of PCs.
You are the only one, that I'm aware of, that has his own "rig+future plans+personal 'cry me a river' diary" thread but that doesn't mean you can do what ever you want, write however you like here.
I've been monitoring your posts and they do not reflect GCs rules of good conduct.
Bly consider this as last warning before your posts start to disappear.

I got 35fps with 8800GT which was the minimum recommended to play BF3 normally. Clearly your GPU isn't what needs a boost. You need a good CPU so start with that. I can play with 4GB of ram on minimum fine if I close the browser and disable aero theme in Win 7 so that's something you should try prior upgrading.
BLYFACTOR

Post by BLYFACTOR »

.Sup wrote: This kind of disrespect towards anyone will not be tolerated especially not against a veteran TA member. Styphon's PC is older than yourself and yet you talk to him like you are the godfather of PCs.
You are the only one, that I'm aware of, that has his own "rig+future plans+personal 'cry me a river' diary" thread but that doesn't mean you can do what ever you want, write however you like here.
I've been monitoring your posts and they do not reflect GCs rules of good conduct.
Bly consider this as last warning before your posts start to disappear.

I got 35fps with 8800GT which was the minimum recommended to play BF3 normally. Clearly your GPU isn't what needs a boost. You need a good CPU so start with that. I can play with 4GB of ram on minimum fine if I close the browser and disable aero theme in Win 7 so that's something you should try prior upgrading.
Well to start I took out my good high end video card out of my old computer I was using and know its inside the new along with my hold harddrive because thats what I wanted to boot from as soon as I get into the desktop man I've been steaming the 2-3 days slashing it out on you guys, :oops: :roll:

Moving on so when I put it all together for first time and boot it up for the first time< I go into the bios like the manual said, I followed the amount of instructions to boot from CD was and it just either didn't like my hard drive or my cdrom drive because when windows 7 home premium it went to Windows is loading files with a white bar. Then it stops and windows tell's me that my CD-ROM or hard drive is a fail, so now im taking into my votech class to check it out, Plus I am partial as because I tapped my optical drive on the top a few short times it would just pop out. Its weird

I plan on trying to change out the Optical drive for mine to have 1 of there's to see if that would work or fail out. Or another part could be that 1 hard drive still has some vista boot times on it which needs to erased in order for my drive to even get windows 7 to not do that windows loading white bar during boot from CD/DVD - k:cry:
GC Battledays (7)
MotherFo™

Post by MotherFo™ »

Wait, so you put your old hard drive in the new computer and it failed to boot? You should be doing a clean install of Windows on the new machine.

What brand motherboard did you buy?
BLYFACTOR

Post by BLYFACTOR »

motherfo wrote:Wait, so you put your old hard drive in the new computer and it failed to boot? You should be doing a clean install of Windows on the new machine.

What brand motherboard did you buy?
My new motherboard is the Asus ROG Crosshair V Formula - AMD top of the line
The old hard drive works thats for sure. My CD drive is broken like i'll hit the button to open it and sometimes it wants to come out and sometimes it doesn't. :(

So tonight I'm going to buy a 4GB flash drive and burn my Iso windows file to it and make it bootable USB. Then put it on that hard drive. I've put the Harddrive on other computers and works like a charm.

And to answer your question yes I formatted the hard drive the first time I even started the machine after it was built and tried to put on a OS but it failed said Hard drive or CD-drive was failed please try again. And its my CD drive for sure,
GC Battledays (7)
MotherFo™

Post by MotherFo™ »

Ok cool.

I've used ultraiso to burn to usb before and make it bootable. Otherwise microsoft has a utility to take the iso and make the flash drive bootable. Makes it a bit easier than some other ways.
BLYFACTOR

Post by BLYFACTOR »

motherfo wrote:Ok cool.

I've used ultraiso to burn to usb before and make it bootable. Otherwise microsoft has a utility to take the iso and make the flash drive bootable. Makes it a bit easier than some other ways.
mind giving me links to download please (currently in school and home in bout 20-30 mins.)
GC Battledays (7)
MotherFo™

Post by MotherFo™ »

http://www.ezbsystems.com/ultraiso/ you can use the trial to do this. Do file open and open the windows 7 iso then do BOOTABLE | WRITE DISK IMAGE

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/mss ... topics_at3
microsoft tool
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Bly get an 8GB flash key. When Win7 came out 4 gigs was enough but now with SP1 and other updates it takes more than 4 gigs.

I used this guide to make two of my keys boot-able:
http://kmwoley.com/blog/?p=345
BLYFACTOR

Post by BLYFACTOR »

nope I got home premium full version only 3.2 gbs and flash drive 4gbs good enough for me

already flashing as of this post
GC Battledays (7)