TeamSpeak 3 Overlay

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Kismet
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

TeamSpeak 3 Overlay

Post by Kismet »

So I see other people (daDoughBoy's videos show this) can see all the people in their TS channel group even if they're not talking. This does NOT work for me. Neither does setting the overlay's position in the TS3 plugin settings. The settings seem to have no effect.

I'm on Win7 64bit, with a GeForce GTX 560 Ti.

One hint is I'm running at 1680x1050 resolution, but the overlay resolution seems significantly lower? more like 1280x768 or something. Doesn't make sense to me, but maybe someone can figure this out?
fittyman

Re: TeamSpeak 3 Overlay

Post by fittyman »

Not sure I understand, but are you saying that you can not see everyone the channel? You can expand the size of the overlay if this is the case.

Do this by pausing your game, and using the mouse cursor go to the tip of the overlay and drag down to reveal more of the TS channel. To do this you also have to have to enable "in game mouse cursor" enabled from the TS overlay options.
Kismet
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Kismet »

Let me clarify. When someone is talking, I can see them (except if they're whispering). I can't see the names of people in my channel group that aren't talking, though. When no one is talking, my overlay shows no names at all. (also, sometimes when there are whispers (when i'm on channel commander), i see the name in a different color, and other times i don't see a name at all)
fittyman

Post by fittyman »

Have you tried turning the colour for "silent" to something other than black? Maybe increase font size?

Only thing I can think of. I had this problem as well, but I have no idea what I did, if anything, to fix it.
Chemical2
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Chemical2 »

Yeah i have the same problem i dont know what it is either first it worked fine but after i changed some stuff to make it work better it didnt show the names anymore. hope someone knows the fix.
''Be polite, be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.'' The sniper
BF3
C2: Staff Sergeant - Hitcorp
C3: 1st Lieutenant - Dark army
C4: 1st Lieutenant - Starfishers coffee initiative
C5: PFC - Legion of Doom
V_

Post by V_ »

Chemical2 wrote:Yeah i have the same problem i dont know what it is either first it worked fine but after i changed some stuff to make it work better it didnt show the names anymore. hope someone knows the fix.
I think Kismet was asking what kind of stuff you did to fix it - if you remember exactly (or even generally) what you did, it'd be appreciated. :)
BF3 C2: KI - Sgt | C3: Pride - Sgt | C4: Gladius - Sgt | C5: KART - Col | C6: UNSC - Col
RS2:V C1: A1 - Ofc | C2: SLOTH - HC
Chemical2
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Chemical2 »

BlackIce999 wrote:I think Kismet was asking what kind of stuff you did to fix it - if you remember exactly (or even generally) what you did, it'd be appreciated. :)
The things changed that i was talking about were ment for another problem i had because due to the overlay i couldnt change weapons or deploy in game with my mouse anymore. I dont know what i did exactly i think it was at the plugin>directX>setting>input
but i dont think that would have any effect on our current problem, that you cant see the names in the overlay of the people that are silent. And i have this problem to as i said i didnt fix it yet
BF3
Chemical2
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Chemical2 »

To fix this..
Ingame there should be some ts3 icon hidden somewhere mine is in the left uper corner. right click it>display>normal
and it should be fixxed
BF3
Kismet
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Kismet »

Chemical2 wrote:To fix this..
Ingame there should be some ts3 icon hidden somewhere mine is in the left uper corner. right click it>display>normal
and it should be fixxed
Hey, it works! Thanks a lot, Chemical!
BLYFACTOR

Post by BLYFACTOR »

To solve all problems I think

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhBzcXrx8_8[/youtube]
GC Battledays (7)
Check out my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/BLYFACTOR?feature=mhee
Epic 64 man Fun Stuff Sign Up hereviewtopic.php?f=2&t=17693&p=189318#p189318