Headset

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Cheesy
Executive
Executive

Headset

Post by Cheesy »

I tried getting a fancy wireless headset, but it broke after a few weeks :( Ever since I've been using a webcam mic and ipod headphones. Apparently it sounds like I live in the middle of an airport/train yard/WWII-era bombing run. Apparently that is a bad thing :roll:

So I'm in the market for a new headset. Ideally <$50. Any recommendations?
GrimRenegade

Re: Headset

Post by GrimRenegade »

Don't get wireless.

Just a personal rule of mine due to my experiences of having them fail early and often.
jejatt

Post by jejatt »

i use this one, it connects with usb and it helped me get rid of buzzing background sound. i think you can get it cheap, saw it on amazon at ~20$

http://www.logitech.com/webcam-communic ... evices/221
ImageImage
bitesizebeef

Post by bitesizebeef »

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/NEW-MDR-7506-750 ... 479wt_1185

A quick search on google shows them on amazon selling for 150$ so you will be saving around 100$ plus you get free shipping

I got these headphones from the same guy and got them in about 2 weeks due to shipping time with customs, i really like them and i use a old microphone i clipped to the wire and have had no issues with them in the year i have been using them daily. I even take them with me travelling for my ipod.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-PC-Laptop- ... 27c3801167

I got 2 of these a couple years ago. Not from this vendor tho. I only use the microphone part. For sound I use 5.1 speakers. I destroyed 1 so far with my chair. For less than 3 dollars shipped, I'm not worried.
Chemical2
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Chemical2 »

http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/153726/c ... adset.html
Old school but still very good headset.

meself have the siberia v2 witch i really like but its to expensive. just ordered new once astro a40 280 euro so igues that to much aswell.
''Be polite, be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.'' The sniper
BF3
C2: Staff Sergeant - Hitcorp
C3: 1st Lieutenant - Dark army
C4: 1st Lieutenant - Starfishers coffee initiative
C5: PFC - Legion of Doom
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Ash2Dust wrote:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-PC-Laptop- ... 27c3801167

I got 2 of these a couple years ago. Not from this vendor tho. I only use the microphone part. For sound I use 5.1 speakers. I destroyed 1 so far with my chair. For less than 3 dollars shipped, I'm not worried.
I use my speakers for sound as well. As for the microphone... I actually use my webcam. It's a pretty darn nice webcam with a really great mic. My friends were surprsied when I told 'em that I was using my webcam.
Image[/url]
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

I've had good luck with Plantronics, Logitech and Sennheiser over the years. I'm still raw that my Sennheiser monitors disappeared...
Hoo hoo, Robin, I invented black-hawk whoring!
Jumile

Post by Jumile »

For many years I used cheap Logitech headsets (these are newer versions), but I recently decided to get a set that would work with both my PC and Xbox, so I bought a set of Turtle Beach Ear Force PX3 (works with PC, Xbox and PS3).

The converter box takes care of the wireless Xbox audio (with a short patch lead (provided) between the headset and controller for voice), and when gaming on the PC I just plug a spare mini-USB cable between the PC and the headset. They're great.
Jumile - PC: Jumile72, XB: Jumile
Liljedahls

Post by Liljedahls »

Im using the wonderful g930, logitechs wireless headset :)

It may be too expensive for your budget but I would say that it is worth the extra dollars!
dan1mall
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by dan1mall »

steelseries siberia v2.

I highly reccomend it, its very comfortable. Also very affordable.
DrunkenMc

Post by DrunkenMc »

dan1mall wrote:steelseries siberia v2.

I highly reccomend it, its very comfortable. Also very affordable.
Those

if not those

Razer Carcharias

i have the razer, its like having your ears hugged, qualities as good as anything else i've had,
(including 2 types of Beats by Dre and Triton AX720's)

Don't get Turtlebeach x11's, they're crap, Triton'll probably break on you within a year despite looking solid as anything
evilfurryone

Post by evilfurryone »

http://www.roccat.org/Support/Gaming-So ... -Kave-5-1/

Been using Roccat Kave 5.1 for ca 6 months and I like it. Nice sounds and when I turn it real loud the firefights get an extra dimension with me feeling the thumps from firing tge gun. I also feel the thumbs of my girlfriend prodding me to turn the volume down few seconds later. So even more realism :D

No regrets buying it, though it's abit more than the 50$ pricerange.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

I don't use a headset because the audio quality is disappointing and the comfort is on par with 1960s headphones.

But seriously I use HD555 for gaming for like 5 years now, still the first set.

Very comfortable, easy to wash the pads, good sound quality with very decently wide soundstage and excellent 3D imaging.
I've seen these go for 60$ a while ago on sale. You could also get one of the lower HD series, comfort level is the same.
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

I, like .Sup, don't use a headsets. I think that getting some proper headphones and a clip-on mic is the way to go. That way the systems are separate too so if one part breaks you don't need to replace the whole thing.

I have a pair of Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro's and I love them. I don't think I could ever go back to a 'gaming headset'.

Clicky to become a Voteable member.

“…so realistic, it'll have you picking shrapnel out of your backside.”