Stuttering\Rubberband issues

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

dan1mall
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Stuttering\Rubberband issues

Post by dan1mall »

I had a problem like this a while ago, turned out that the problem for me was having my hadrdrive to full.
It needs about 20% of it to be empty as operating space or something, not sure :P Whatever the case, I leave 20% of it empty now, and all my rubberbanding/stuttering magically disappeared ^^
MotherFo™

Post by MotherFo™ »

.Sup wrote:
motherfo wrote:there are reports that turning off hyperthreading fixes issues for intel users
This is a bios setting right?

Yes sir. Also note that Fraps is heavy on resources particularly your hard drive. Hopefully you aren't writing to the drive the game is installed on or windows is installed on.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

motherfo wrote:
.Sup wrote:
motherfo wrote:there are reports that turning off hyperthreading fixes issues for intel users
This is a bios setting right?

Yes sir. Also note that Fraps is heavy on resources particularly your hard drive. Hopefully you aren't writing to the drive the game is installed on or windows is installed on.
I have Windows on one SSD and BF3 on the other so I should okay if I do frapsing? Or is it heavy on other resources too?
BYN124

Post by BYN124 »

.Sup wrote:
motherfo wrote:
.Sup wrote: This is a bios setting right?

I have Windows on one SSD and BF3 on the other so I should okay if I do frapsing? Or is it heavy on other resources too?
Heavy on harddrives. Fraps generates a shitload of data to process. Generally frapsing to the same drive your game runs from will generate stuttering because your harddrive cant keep up. With SSD it should be fine as the bandwidth on an SSD is significantly bigger then a conventional HDD.

I run my game and windows from one HDD and fraps to an external, it works out fine, every now and then there is some lag but I can cope with that :).
MotherFo™

Post by MotherFo™ »

BYN124 wrote:

Heavy on harddrives. Fraps generates a shitload of data to process. Generally frapsing to the same drive your game runs from will generate stuttering because your harddrive cant keep up. With SSD it should be fine as the bandwidth on an SSD is significantly bigger then a conventional HDD.

I run my game and windows from one HDD and fraps to an external, it works out fine, every now and then there is some lag but I can cope with that :).

What he said pretty much. I wouldn't fraps TO the drive with windows or bf3. Fraps can be installed on one of those drivers, but where it saves to should be a different drive. Ideally.
V_

Post by V_ »

I had this problem just last week, and it turned out to be my joystick, I think. Well, that, plus I only had 10 GB free on my hard drive, but simply unplugging my joystick made the game run twice as smooth. Who'da thunk it?
BF3 C2: KI - Sgt | C3: Pride - Sgt | C4: Gladius - Sgt | C5: KART - Col | C6: UNSC - Col
RS2:V C1: A1 - Ofc | C2: SLOTH - HC
BYN124

Post by BYN124 »

BlackIce999 wrote:I had this problem just last week, and it turned out to be my joystick, I think. Well, that, plus I only had 10 GB free on my hard drive, but simply unplugging my joystick made the game run twice as smooth. Who'da thunk it?
Dang.....how does your joystick do that to your system?
Driver issue maybe ?
V_

Post by V_ »

Quite possibly. I also had the idea that my computer was getting too much input from outside sources. I also have my mic plugged in, and another mouse - unplugging that stuff seemed to help. And, of course, freeing up another 30GB of hard drive space didn't hurt either.

Regardless of what the problem was, the game runs fine now. It was totally unplayable before - neither my gun nor other players were even showing up on screen! It really sucks to get killed before the enemy's bullet even hits you...
BF3 C2: KI - Sgt | C3: Pride - Sgt | C4: Gladius - Sgt | C5: KART - Col | C6: UNSC - Col
RS2:V C1: A1 - Ofc | C2: SLOTH - HC
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Joystick works with the help of CPU and motherboard and so sometimes the CPU struggles. Remember you have several peripherals hooked up to your PC and all those require some computing. The worst are USB soundcards without their own dedicated processor or USB headsets.