Stuttering\Rubberband issues

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Num43

Stuttering\Rubberband issues

Post by Num43 »

Been having this issue for months and after the last patch failed me I turn to my last resort, random searches on the internet and begging for help.

So any ideas? I pretty much tried everything already but I'd love to hear some more.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Re: Stuttering\Rubberband issues

Post by Ash2Dust »

1) Packetloss? Ping your ISP for 20 minutes or so and look for spikes and/or timeouts.

2) Punkbuster trying to update but cant? Manually update.

3) Video driver? I personally went thru this one with Nvidia Geforece 580. Random poor performance. Screens go black. Driver stopped responding, lockup yet sound and TS is still running. Corrupted frozen screen. Long list I went thru to fix.

4) Virus or rootkit? Do a full scan with your antivirus and malwarebytes. Also ESET has a free online scan. If you cant run a scan, good indication of an infection.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Alt+Tab during the game when it stutters the most and look at your CPU activity. Also get MSi Afterburner to see if your GPU struggles.
BLYFACTOR

Post by BLYFACTOR »

.Sup wrote:Alt+Tab during the game when it stutters the most and look at your CPU activity. Also get MSi Afterburner to see if your GPU struggles.
Alt+tab needs fixed thats when it all breaks through... alt tab out then back in then the GAME LAGGS LIKE A MOFUCKr
GC Battledays (7)
Check out my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/BLYFACTOR?feature=mhee
Epic 64 man Fun Stuff Sign Up hereviewtopic.php?f=2&t=17693&p=189318#p189318
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

I had the alt tab problem when I had 4 gigs of RAM. Adding 8 more solved it.
BLYFACTOR

Post by BLYFACTOR »

Ash2Dust wrote:I had the alt tab problem when I had 4 gigs of RAM. Adding 8 more solved it.
well my ram is shitty

2 667 mhz and 1 800 mhz and bottlenecked with 667 mhx, no worries I just dont alt tab out. 4 GB total. DDR2

New PC in June. Close Quarters I will be ready to serve your massive destruction.!
GC Battledays (7)
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

I only have 4 gigs and no lag issues. That's cos I always close my browser which saves me about 500mb of ram + switching theme to basic saves me another 600mb of ram.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

.Sup wrote:I only have 4 gigs and no lag issues. That's cos I always close my browser which saves me about 500mb of ram + switching theme to basic saves me another 600mb of ram.
I had issues with 4 gigs. But I did not do what you did (No Aero + no Browsers). If I had done that, I'm sure it would've been fine too. Back when I had 4 gigs, I could not run the game on high settings due to stuttering. However, I recently added 16 gigs (Yeah... overkill :lol:) and I get no stuttering at all even on high/ultra settings.
Image[/url]
MotherFo™

Post by MotherFo™ »

there are reports that turning off hyperthreading fixes issues for intel users
BYN124

Post by BYN124 »

motherfo wrote:there are reports that turning off hyperthreading fixes issues for intel users
Intersting, i dont have lag issues, but ill try anyway, seeing as I record full battles and that sometimes gives me lag!
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

motherfo wrote:there are reports that turning off hyperthreading fixes issues for intel users
This is a bios setting right?
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

.Sup wrote:I only have 4 gigs and no lag issues. That's cos I always close my browser which saves me about 500mb of ram + switching theme to basic saves me another 600mb of ram.
I too have only 4GB RAM. I've taken to closing my browser now when I play and it does seem to help. I never had any lag when playing anyway but alt+tabbing would sometimes cause immense lag and eventually BF3 would crash.
Clicky to become a Voteable member.

“…so realistic, it'll have you picking shrapnel out of your backside.”
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

madcow wrote:
I too have only 4GB RAM. I've taken to closing my browser now when I play and it does seem to help. I never had any lag when playing anyway but alt+tabbing would sometimes cause immense lag and eventually BF3 would crash.
Hmm interesting, I actually alt+tab all the time when I FC to check if I won ebay bids :p and it doesn't lag one bit!
Maybe its a cpu thing. which one do you have madcow?
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

I have a Q6600. It doesn't lag every time, it's usually only if I've been playing BF3 for a few hours. I pretty much always manage to get in a lot of alt+tabs before it gets laggy although it has done it for the first alt+tab once.
Clicky to become a Voteable member.

“…so realistic, it'll have you picking shrapnel out of your backside.”
BLYFACTOR

Post by BLYFACTOR »

madcow wrote:I have a Q6600. It doesn't lag every time, it's usually only if I've been playing BF3 for a few hours. I pretty much always manage to get in a lot of alt+tabs before it gets laggy although it has done it for the first alt+tab once.
You cant mix up ram ratio's make sure there all the same mhz and timings I used to have 2 667mhz ram and 2 gb of 800mhz and it the alt-tab lagged occured.

Before I installed the 2Gb @ 800mhz I ran my alt-tabbing fine.
GC Battledays (7)