Battlefield freezing and the solution

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

fittyman

Re: Battlefield freezing and the solution

Post by fittyman »

VektorMKD wrote:
Thanks Fitty,

just so I understand, will these cards completely bypass my current audio device?

Thanks bro!
Yes they will. The headphone jack and mic jack that you use now, will both be bypassed by those two cards. You can go back to them if you wish, by simply going into audio panel and re-enabling them and then making the default device.
MotherFo™

Re: Battlefield freezing and the solution

Post by MotherFo™ »

Uninstall your sound drivers. Use driversweeper in safe mode and delete any left overs. Download new drivers from site directly...realtek or whatever your chip is.

VektorMKD wrote:Hey guys,

First of all, thanks for all the inputs (except the one that includes my PC blowing up :mrgreen: )!
I have found the problem - whenever I run BF3 with my sound disabled through the Device Manager I have no problems. I tried using the old drivers, but the issue persists so I guess the problem is in one of the recent updates of the game...

This being said, I have no high hopes of EA/DICE fixing this any time soon - so what can I do to join the next battleday without a working sound card?! :?:

So far the only thing I could come up with is using TS on my girlfriend's netbook and not being a driver (can't hear the missile alert).
Any other ideas?

Cheers,
V