Recommended Software/Hardware for recording gameplay.

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

fittyman

Re: Recommended Software/Hardware for recording gameplay.

Post by fittyman »

So, I used MSI Afterburners built in video capture tool. I play at 1080P but had it record at 720P and 85% quality. Lost about 20 frames and the footage was sort of blurry (I assume the effect of recording at a lower resolution than what it actually is). Anyways, the point I was trying to make, was that it was only half a second long and turned out to be over 200megs big.
Rolten

Post by Rolten »

At the moment I'm using FRAPS to film at 1080p and 'full size'. The files created are 4GB large, and are each only 1 minute of footage. They are unplayable by any media player due to their size.

What's an easy conversion program for these files?
Image Image Image Image Image Image
KoffeinFlummi
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by KoffeinFlummi »

Rolten wrote:At the moment I'm using FRAPS to film at 1080p and 'full size'. The files created are 4GB large, and are each only 1 minute of footage. They are unplayable by any media player due to their size.

I don't know how it handles Fraps files, since i use MSI Afterburner, but XMedia Recode (http://www.xmedia-recode.de/download.html) is a very good, free converter.

(Link is in German, program supports English)
MotherFo™

Post by MotherFo™ »

Rolten wrote:At the moment I'm using FRAPS to film at 1080p and 'full size'. The files created are 4GB large, and are each only 1 minute of footage. They are unplayable by any media player due to their size.

I made a little guide here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17644&hilit=avs&start=15#p190615