Youtube's being an asshole, know any good video uploaders?

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

CekiHappy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Youtube's being an asshole, know any good video uploaders?

Post by CekiHappy »

So, I'm trying to post the videos that I recorded from todays game and I'v gotten nothing but problems with Youtube. So i render the vid and put it to upload, which takes an hour. First it was a problem with the filetype, so I had to re-render for an hour and re-upload for another hour. Then at the end of that try, the damn thing said "User deleted this video" and im like... Image i didnt say to delete the damn video... So I try again. All's going well with this one and it gets done loading (after another hour)... "Rejected: length of video is too long"....... I dont even know how to feel after that. I just wasted over 5 hours for one 25 minute clip, and there's an hour of footage left to go. Honestly, I blame myself for trusting that Youtube would work flawlessly. So... anyone know of a good place to share vids without stupid ass restrictions that they dont tell you about until it's done uploading?
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Youtube's being an asshole, know any good video uploader

Post by Fields »

You need to verify your account with a cell # in order to upload clips beyond 15 minutes.
I'm not aware of any file types that youtube doesn't like; it even takes flv from my livestream, which has b-frames and I can't even edit them myself :roll: .

Maybe try blip.tv?
tehman

Post by tehman »

Consider yourself lucky. To upload a 25 minute clip it takes about 6-7 hours of totally ****ing up my internet speed :?
(And even that is after compressing it :roll:)
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LoA »

Youtube works for me 99% of the time, but when you upload long clips that takes maybe 4 hours to upload, and it fails, you rage hard. Be sure to turn off adblock or any other plugins that may cause youtube to go full retard, and you'll be fine.
CekiHappy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CekiHappy »

Soooo... I gave in and tried Youtube again. THANKFULLY, it worked. Here are the vids uploaded so far. There will be about 5 total when I'm done uploading them all. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... re=edit_ok
Undisparo

Post by Undisparo »

Gotenks0906 wrote:Soooo... I gave in and tried Youtube again. THANKFULLY, it worked. Here are the vids uploaded so far. There will be about 5 total when I'm done uploading them all. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... re=edit_ok
Of course you post the videos of the matches you guys won ;) haha
CekiHappy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CekiHappy »

I wasn't in the first few battles, and those were the ones we lost, haha.