FPS Drop

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

FPS Drop

Post by mrBLUE9 »

I was playing BF just now and noticed a terrible lag/rubberband, but my ping was normal, so I checked my FPS and sure enough it was dropping to 2 from 15 to 15 seconds, it stayed on my usual 40 most of the time and then it drops, which makes the game unplayable, since always when I was getting into action the FPS would drop. Does anyone have an idea of what may be causing it? Thanks.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Re: FPS Drop

Post by .Sup »

I would say either something is overheating (dust on cooler or thermal paste is over due) or there is a service running in the background that takes resources such as ram and/or CPU (antivirus scan/update, Windows update, etc).
Try rebooting your PC first.
MotherFo™

Post by MotherFo™ »

was it a punkbuster server? They had this issue a few weeks ago? Fields posted the link then.

edit: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/fo ... 152481814/

Sounds like its happening again.
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

Thanks, Sup and MotherFo. But yes, It looks like this is a general issue, I rebooted and cleaned all the Cookies and Temp files, but no luck. :( I also cleaned my PC last week so it's not dirt on the GPU or anything. Hope they fix this thing soon.
LongBowNL
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LongBowNL »

It's Punkbuster. We just tested a non-Punkbuster server and that server works fine. :wink:
Digz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Digz »

yep its world wide due to punkbuster.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Had the same problem last Saturday, running about 10 FPS for no reason. Went to www.evenbalance.com, downloaded pbsetup, pointed to BF3, told it to update PB, it did. No more FPS problem for me. Your milage will vary, but for me, manually updating PB resolves 50% of my abnormal lag issues.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

NY server info.
Re: BF3 performance problems today
Aug 03 2012 02:23:06 PM PT

BF3 has been experiencing widespread performance problems today, across all RSPs and locations. The problem can only be with some service that the game is using, such as Blaze or PB, either on the client or server side. EA/DICE is aware of the problem and is investigating.
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

Ash2Dust wrote:NY server info.
Hope they fix it before tomorrow. :(
Thanks for the info, Ash!
FluidicTapestry

Post by FluidicTapestry »

Ash2Dust wrote:Had the same problem last Saturday, running about 10 FPS for no reason. Went to http://www.evenbalance.com, downloaded pbsetup, pointed to BF3, told it to update PB, it did. No more FPS problem for me. Your milage will vary, but for me, manually updating PB resolves 50% of my abnormal lag issues.
This seems to fix it. I've just played for I guess 30 minutes, no more locking up.
My BF3 soldier is Propane_Salesman
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

The last TDM we played last night seemed much better. I didn't get a single skip the entire time.