New HeadSet

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

New HeadSet

Post by styphon »

Well, my headset has just packed in. Looking for a new one. I use USB and like how USB work (having secondary sound card in the headset :) ). I was thinking of ordering the Plantronics Gamecom 780 and I can get a set off Amazon delivered by Tuesday for just over £40. Not bad I thought. Anyone had any experience with them? Seem to have decent reviews.
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Re: New HeadSet

Post by mrBLUE9 »

My experience with headsets is that they are all quite bad compared to good headphones, the ones I had never lasted long. So I gave up on headsets and just use my good pair of Audio-Technica M-50, and I bought some really cheap lapel mics from ebay, they are very good and I also bought some reserves in case they broke. So that's my advice, buy a really good pair of headphones, that will probably last you for years, and some dirty cheap mics from ebay. :D
BrujahSulik

Post by BrujahSulik »

In keeping with alternates to headsets, like what mrblue9 has said, I prefer to get a quality pair of headphones, and buy some suiting separate microphone. I personally own an antlion modmic microphone. There's a quality video out there of it being demonstrated and compared to other mics, it's relatively affordable, and it's worked really well for me. You can check their website here: http://www.modmic.com/
"Excuse me, can I get a cup of coffee, black!"
"Can't you see we talkin', white!?"
LyreXeryL

Post by LyreXeryL »

I have this one:
http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/pc- ... e-z6a.aspx
It's a little spensive, but I can use it for my Xbox as well... bonus!
Ghoul
8.Lord
8.Lord

Post by Ghoul »

I got these a month ago and am extremely pleased with them

http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product ... ct_id=3048

The volume control dial is nice and heavy, allows you to adjust any of the 5.1 suround sound speakers volume independantly (center, side, rear, front and master volume) and has a nice software interface. Also, if you already have a good sound card, it has an adapter so that you can plug all 5 channels directly into the card (though you loose the volume dial) also comes with leather and a second set of cloth ear pads.

BF3C3 • DARK • Sergeant
BF3C4 • Gladius • Sergeant
BF3C5 • Legion of Doom • General / Lord
^^^cause the only way I can get medals is to give them to myself^^^
BF3C6 • IMF • PFC
BF4C1 • Allies • Corporal
BF4C2 • 9th MEU • Sergeant First Class
BF4C3 • Lucky Number Seven • Chief Warrant Officer
BF4C4 • SAD • Private
BF4C5 • EVIL • 2nd Class Minion
BF4C6 •TCF • Made Man
matty85

Post by matty85 »

im going to have to agree with the, decent headphones and mic setup. i have had my fair share of gaming headsets and have to admit i always go back to a decent headphone. im on a sennheiser pc 350 set at the moment, the only reason im sticking with them is because they wasnt the cheapest. as soon as they give up on me ill be buying an expensive sennheiser headphone and the mic in one of the above comments.