Robawillis
Executive
Executive

Re: TS server down?

Post by Robawillis »

Necromancer wrote:mumble.

seriously mumble.
and it costs half the price of a TS.
no and no to you flummi as well, its a simple matter of windows updates being applied to the server and teamspeak is not a service or a scheduled task therefore it doesn't start when the server applies updates.
Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Bock »

Mumble is nice. But teamspeak makes it really easy to set up whisper lists and channel commander.

Unless someone knows of another way, the only way to set up "channel commander" with mumble is to add each squad leader to a whisper list by name, which can be quite a pain, and is easy for newbies to screw up.
BF3C3: DARK - Inf - SFC || BF3C4: STAR - Inf - 1Lt || BF3C5: KART - Armor - Cpt
BF3C6: SCAR - HC - Col || BF4C1: USSR - Mech - Kpt || BF4C2: GOCI - Inf - Lt
BF4C3: TCF - Bronx - Sgt. Maj. || BF4C4: JANUS - Air - Pvt || BF4C5: TA
BF4C6: SAD - Armor - Cpt
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

Necromancer wrote:and it costs half the price of a TS.
Only when renting servers. When you host your own, Mumble and TS cost the same :)

Stick the TS executable in the startup folder? I can't speak my Teamspeak, when we stop to install updates it's a pretty big deal and we have a few guys making sure that everything is running again afterwards. I think we're also running the TS on linux now anyway.
KoffeinFlummi
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by KoffeinFlummi »

Robawillis wrote:no and no to you flummi as well, its a simple matter of windows updates being applied to the server and teamspeak is not a service or a scheduled task therefore it doesn't start when the server applies updates.
My summoning worked! Remember kids, when TS breaks, just yell "Rob broke it" and he will show up and fix it.
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

when i used mumble version 1.2.1 it had all the features TS has now, and mumble is now 1.4 if im not mistaken, so it got to be better.

switching just because "its different" or "comfortable" is like the lamest reason. would you not switch to BF4? :wink:
@Bock i know tons of ways to make something similar to channel commander, a passworded group for one would be easier then what you suggested, and simply linking the channels would achieve channel commander. you can also set up whisper to channel & sub-channels to the Squad-leader group (and let members assign themselves to that group).
the principle of having one key to talk to your members and a second key to talk to SL is the same.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
KoffeinFlummi
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by KoffeinFlummi »

Necromancer wrote:when i used mumble version 1.2.1 it had all the features TS has now, and mumble is now 1.4 if im not mistaken, so it got to be better.

switching just because "its different" or "comfortable" is like the lamest reason. would you not switch to BF4? :wink:
@Bock i know tons of ways to make something similar to channel commander, a passworded group for one would be easier then what you suggested, and simply linking the channels would achieve channel commander. you can also set up whisper to channel & sub-channels to the Squad-leader group (and let members assign themselves to that group).
the principle of having one key to talk to your members and a second key to talk to SL is the same.
That is still way more complicated than going right-click->Channel Commander. Also, what advantage does Mumble have over TS? It's not the price, as Gwynzer pointed out, and even though it is open source, in my experiences with the TS plugin API it is fully equipped for everything GC will ever need. TS is also alot more well known and, in my experience, more user friendly.
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

if I remember we already tested mumble not such a long time ago, and although I'm a mumble fan because of the real positional audio in other games I played (since for BF3 it doesn't work without risking being banned for hax) it didn't show nearly as much interest as TS3 and didn't really get off the ground.
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

KoffeinFlummi wrote:
Robawillis wrote:no and no to you flummi as well, its a simple matter of windows updates being applied to the server and teamspeak is not a service or a scheduled task therefore it doesn't start when the server applies updates.
My summoning worked! Remember kids, when TS breaks, just yell "Rob broke it" and he will show up and fix it.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

It "broke" according to plan. Maintenance.
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

TS down?
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
Tea-Assault
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Tea-Assault »

I can't connect, keeps saying "failed to connect to server"
the end is really fµcking nigh
Digz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Digz »

Tea-Assault wrote:I can't connect, keeps saying "failed to connect to server"
server is taking a nap, plz check in later.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Noooo. TS come backk
Image[/url]
Robawillis
Executive
Executive

Post by Robawillis »

Nope
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

Robawillis wrote:Nope
mumble then.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!