Problems with signing in on Battlelog. [SOLVED]

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

fawadforlan

Problems with signing in on Battlelog. [SOLVED]

Post by fawadforlan »

I had checked the "remember be" option on Battlelog, so most of the time when I opened Battlelog I was already signed in. But today when I went to Battlelog it asked me for my email adress and password, so I typed in both and it said "Wrong email or password"... And when I tried to sign in again it said "Too many failed logins, you have been blocked".

I have my password saved in my browser, so I have no idea how it is wrong. Then I just tried to type it in myself, but I was still getting the message "Wrong email or password". There is no way that I can type in the wrong email adress of course... and I use my Battlelog/Origin password for a few other things every day, it is a password that I will never forget. I already checked my email adress but I don't see any emails about a changed password.

Is there something wrong with battlelog (more people with the same problem), or is it just me? And does anyone have an idea what I should do now?

Edit: I also can not sign in on Origin.
Last edited by fawadforlan on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Battlefield 3
Campaign 2 - Staff Sergeant
Campaign 3 - Captain
Campaign 4 - Private
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Re: Does anyone else have problem with signing in on Battlel

Post by StarfisherEcho »

Had this happen to me the other day. Solution for me was to go through the "forgot password" process. I didn't even use a new password, just entered the old one. Voila, I could login again.

If you get unlucky though you might have to contact ea :( Fields got disconnected in the middle of a battle and ended up being locked out for a week.
ImageImageImage
fawadforlan

Post by fawadforlan »

StarfisherEcho wrote:Had this happen to me the other day. Solution for me was to go through the "forgot password" process. I didn't even use a new password, just entered the old one. Voila, I could login again.

If you get unlucky though you might have to contact ea :( Fields got disconnected in the middle of a battle and ended up being locked out for a week.
I went to "forgot password" and I just changed it to the password I already had, now I can sign in again. Thanks alot!

Is Fields still blocked, or is it solved already for him? Because if he still can't sign in he should contact EA instead of the first line tech support (online chat with an indian guy).
Battlefield 3
Campaign 3 - Captain
Campaign 4 - Private
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Problems with signing in on Battlelog. [SOLVED]

Post by Necromancer »

i got it on Tuesday. never had a problem before. battlelog, EA and origin all spit an ID/username/email/password incorrect error.

i waited till Wednesday just to see if going to get fixed by itself, but apparently EA doesn't have damage control (so next BF will be even worse). just clicked forgot password and reset it back to my password.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

This happens at least once a week for me, and every time is like a minor heart attack (Origin FTW!)

Like Starfisher suggested just go through the password reset process via the Origin login window.

You'll need to first enter the email you used for your EA account; they'll send you a validation code which you then copy/paste into the relevant text box. After that simply re-enter your password (I recommend you stick with your original one to prevent to new and notorious "An error was reported from EA Online" problem) and you should be ready to go.
fawadforlan

Post by fawadforlan »

Today when I tried to join a server on Battlelog, it gave me an error on the Battlelog page. When I refreshed the page I was logged out and there was this message: Wrong email or password. Now I can't sign in anymore, so I have to change my password again...

Why does this happen, and should I contact the EA helpdesk?
Battlefield 3
Campaign 3 - Captain
Campaign 4 - Private
Chemical2
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Chemical2 »

fawadforlan wrote:Today when I tried to join a server on Battlelog, it gave me an error on the Battlelog page. When I refreshed the page I was logged out and there was this message: Wrong email or password. Now I can't sign in anymore, so I have to change my password again...

Why does this happen, and should I contact the EA helpdesk?
Happens to me alot aswell. I had it yesterday at the end of the battleday and this morning it was gone while i hadnt changed my password yet. I'm very sure that EA is aware of this already because it is a common problem but knowing EA i wonder how long we will have to wait and if contacting their helpdesk will fix anything.
''Be polite, be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.'' The sniper
BF3
C2: Staff Sergeant - Hitcorp
C3: 1st Lieutenant - Dark army
C4: 1st Lieutenant - Starfishers coffee initiative
C5: PFC - Legion of Doom