Building a computer.

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

BlooDRaptoR1

Building a computer.

Post by BlooDRaptoR1 »

Hello lads! BlooDRaptoR1 here! Maybe some people do not know a lot about me for now, my father runs an internet cafe with good pc's for games and etc. I have a pc closed only for me to play Battlefield/Company of Heroes/etc games with GC guys!

But, at some point i will have to move on to another city so I can study Graphic Designer at a college. So, I can't take the computer i have at my father's cafe, and i want to build a new one, that i can take with me at the city i will move on.

It has some Windows XP, and some specs that are *too* old. So let's say it's all blank and i have to get new parts for everything. I Know it is gonna cost, but i really want to build it. My father has his PC-guy that fixes-upgrades his PC so he can build it for me if i have the parts.

First of all I found a :

"GIGABYTE GEFORCE GTX650 OC GV-N650OC-1GI 1GB PCI-E RETAIL" with 110E at e-shop.gr (greek e-bay style).

Plus i will have Windows 7 Ultimate.

Im not a tech guy so i really want you guys to guide me through here.
I wanna make a computer that can handle at medium-high graphics Battlefield 3 and some other games at least, like Company of Heroes, LoL, DotA2 etc.

Can you recommend me some other parts like sound card, processor etc.
I will try searching them at greek stores and i can reply to you if i have found the same product that you guys mentioned or a replacement for it because they do not have it.

Thanks if you help me understand/build this computer i wanna make!!!
C4 -Image
C5 - Image
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Building a computer.

Post by Necromancer »

whats your budget?
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
wizekraker
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by wizekraker »

To be honest you should build it yourself. That like most fun part of building your own PC.
Out of curiosity why windows Ultimate?
BlooDRaptoR1

Post by BlooDRaptoR1 »

Necromancer wrote:whats your budget?
Hm let's say about 300E max...? Or if it is not enough to build a strong pc, then i will just save them and buy those parts when i have the money :)
C4 -Image
C5 - Image
BlooDRaptoR1

Post by BlooDRaptoR1 »

wizekraker wrote:To be honest you should build it yourself. That like most fun part of building your own PC.
That's what the computers have at net-cafe, so i guess i'm used to it.... (??? :roll: ???) Does it have a difference with other editions?
C4 -Image
C5 - Image
ZebraPeps
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ZebraPeps »

BlooDRaptoR1 wrote:
wizekraker wrote:To be honest you should build it yourself. That like most fun part of building your own PC.
That's what the computers have at net-cafe, so i guess i'm used to it.... (??? :roll: ???) Does it have a difference with other editions?
If I remember correctly for instance, Windows 7 Home Premium has a max limit RAM set to 16GB, whereas Windows Ultimate has no limit.

Edit: BTW, I assume you are talking Windows 64bit :roll:
BlooDRaptoR1

Post by BlooDRaptoR1 »

ZebraPeps wrote:
BlooDRaptoR1 wrote:
If I remember correctly for instance, Windows 7 Home Premium has a max limit RAM set to 16GB, whereas Windows Ultimate has no limit.

Oh i forgot that, it's 32 atm, but for my computer i can do 64 if i wish ^^ that's not a problem i guess?
C4 -Image
C5 - Image
iRawPeanut
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by iRawPeanut »

Oh i forgot that, it's 32 atm, but for my computer i can do 64 if i wish ^^ that's not a problem i guess?
You have to have a 64bit edition then.

Anyway. 300eu isn't really much to make a new strong PC. I'd suggest more around 700. Then you'll get a PC which actually can play things pretty much banged up to Very High/Ultra ;)
Made possible by: .Sup
TheYonderGod

Post by TheYonderGod »

300E=300 Euros?

Yeah that's definitely not enough to build a computer. The minimum I would recommend for medium/high is a 7850(and even that is stretching it, I would rather recommend a 7870), which will cost about half that already. But does your father have any extra parts you could take? Like a case, maybe a PSU, HDD, etc.
ImageImage
Digz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Digz »

F131 with VRTX Cooling Technology

Motherboard: Intel® DH77EB Featuring USB 3.0, SATA 6G, Lucid Virtu

Intel® Core™ i5 3570K 3.4GHz/3.8GHz Turbo 6MB L3 Cache HD 4000

Processor Cooling EPIC 120 Supercooler

Intel® Turbo Boost Advanced Automatic Overclocking

16GB Corsair® Vengeance™ DDR3-1600 1.5V (2x8GB)

NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX 680 2GB GDDR5 w/PhysX

1TB Seagate® Barracuda™ 7200rpm 64MB Cache SATA 6G

120GB Intel® 520 Series SSD SATA 6G [550MB/s Reads]

600W Corsair® Builder Series 80 Plus Certified PSU

8X Dual Layer DVD RW Drive Slot Loading SATA

5.1+2 Channel High Definition Surround Sound (Intel DP55WB)

On-board Gigabit Ethernet

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

you'll need more money or it wont be a very new PC.
thats is something i just messed around for my future PC (also "gathering and someone else will build")
wizekraker
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by wizekraker »

BlooDRaptoR1 wrote:
Windows Ulimate is most expensive OS.
I looked up this what I got:
That's the breakdown of features. In summary, if gaming is your only concern, Home Premium gives you the least number of features you will most likely never use. Professional edition adds a few nice extras like XP mode, remote desktop, enhanced networking connectivity, backup and restore. I wouldn't call any of these essential features to the average user though. The additional features that Ultimate has are almost exclusively for enterprise level functions that don't even apply unless you have a corporate server. The bitlocker feature is nice in some respects, but it will kill read/write speeds and therefore not ideal for gamers.

@Digz I dont why guys dont build it yourself its the BEST PART of making your own PC

Here are some vidoes that helped me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL291 ... PIXAtNGGCw
BlooDRaptoR1

Post by BlooDRaptoR1 »

iRawPeanut wrote:
You have to have a 64bit edition then.

Anyway. 300eu isn't really much to make a new strong PC. I'd suggest more around 700. Then you'll get a PC which actually can play things pretty much banged up to Very High/Ultra ;)
Yea dude, i sayd medium to high, not ultra...Im not gonna make a movie with Battlefield 3, i just wanna play without any problem at firing range, etc.
C4 -Image
C5 - Image
BlooDRaptoR1

Post by BlooDRaptoR1 »

TheYonderGod wrote:300E=300 Euros?

Yeah that's definitely not enough to build a computer. The minimum I would recommend for medium/high is a 7850(and even that is stretching it, I would rather recommend a 7870), which will cost about half that already. But does your father have any extra parts you could take? Like a case, maybe a PSU, HDD, etc.
well im not a rich guy, so that's all i got for now. Ok let's make it 350-400 EUROS no more. Remember? My fraking country has retards politics and we are taking most of our income for taxes and crap. So yea, i do not want a moonrocket pc, i want a pc that at least can play Battlefield at the settings of Medium-high!
C4 -Image
C5 - Image
BlooDRaptoR1

Post by BlooDRaptoR1 »

Digz wrote:F131 with VRTX Cooling Technology

Motherboard: Intel® DH77EB Featuring USB 3.0, SATA 6G, Lucid Virtu

Intel® Core™ i5 3570K 3.4GHz/3.8GHz Turbo 6MB L3 Cache HD 4000

Processor Cooling EPIC 120 Supercooler

Intel® Turbo Boost Advanced Automatic Overclocking

16GB Corsair® Vengeance™ DDR3-1600 1.5V (2x8GB)

NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX 680 2GB GDDR5 w/PhysX

1TB Seagate® Barracuda™ 7200rpm 64MB Cache SATA 6G

120GB Intel® 520 Series SSD SATA 6G [550MB/s Reads]

600W Corsair® Builder Series 80 Plus Certified PSU

8X Dual Layer DVD RW Drive Slot Loading SATA

5.1+2 Channel High Definition Surround Sound (Intel DP55WB)

On-board Gigabit Ethernet

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

you'll need more money or it wont be a very new PC.
thats is something i just messed around for my future PC (also "gathering and someone else will build")
I guess this is your pc ?
Doesn;t look like mine at all i've dreamed/wanted to build...
This is probably over my powers to get this...
C4 -Image
C5 - Image
Sarantini
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Sarantini »

So do you have any parts that you can reuse from older pc's?
LIke HDD, case, mk/mouse