For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Gun glitch vids

Post by StarfisherEcho »

Hey guys

If you managed to take videos of the gun glitch today, post 'em here. Short clips will do. At this point, we've played an entirely pub settings round infantry only and had the glitch, so the only thing left is to send this to our server providers and start making ironic posts on reddit and battlelog about the fraking glitch.
ImageImageImage
A Docile Sloth
Executive
Executive

Re: Gun glitch vids

Post by A Docile Sloth »

phpBB [video]

FPS due to my PC not liking to stream on Armoured Shield
Ghoul
8.Lord
8.Lord

Post by Ghoul »

On our switch from Sabalan to Armored shield we didn't do a server restart as we did in previous rounds at my suggestion. when we did the server restart with just that map in the list for the final round No gun glitch.

It may be that the server doesn't like not having a map list rotation set up (Like pub servers) when switching to new maps.

We might try setting up a map list with all the maps we are using for the campaign (Saturday battles) instead of injecting the map on the fly.

Just a thought
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

We switched from Caspian to Sabalan without a server restart, which appears to have worked fine. I did a restart during the break to set the map to Armored Shield, and our first round after that restart we had glitching issues. It appears to have followed a few players saying in chat "hey getting lag spikes", which would lend credence to the idea that server load has something to do with the glitch occurring.

The only settings that were not normal were:

Vehicles off
Auto-balance off
Idle kick set to 0

We then set everything to normal except vehicles off, did a restart, and were able to have a glitchless round.
ImageImageImage
Shrapnel
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Shrapnel »

Could we try a round with no one streaming?

I'm guessing most pub matches don't have 10+ people recording...not that that should have any effect on the server, but it's something we could try.
[sig]Broken due to link being older than I am (in internet years at least) and laziness[/sig]