can't load GC website

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

can't load GC website

Post by Hitman47 »

something weird is happening, it started today in the morning, I could get on the site but immediately after reading a thread and going to read a new one i wouldn't be able to load the site. And now I can't load it at all (I'm writing this from another PC). It just displays a message "This page couldn't load" or something along those lines...my internet is working normally and I can access other sites normally, but when I try the GC website it keeps loading forever and then displays the message.

I tried deleting cookies, checking antivirus and firewall settings, privacy and security tabs in internet options, everything is normal, I didn't make any changes since yesterday when it worked fine, didn't install anything new. Even tried powering down my PC and router and starting them up again, nothing worked.

Any ideas for solving this weirdness?
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
Gonzo
Executive
Executive

Re: can't load GC website

Post by Gonzo »

Well I have no idea where this might stem from, but you can try to use another browser and see what happens. I have firefox installed, only so that i can watch trailers on apple.com/trailers which doesn't work in chrome for me.
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

Maybe it's a DNS issue. Try to flush your cached DNS - ipconfig /flushdns

Maybe restart your router/modem?
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

as Gonzo suggested, try a different browser and see if that works or not, that would indicate if its a browser or network problem.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
Snow1Wolf

Post by Snow1Wolf »

I have the same issue
For CAFFEINE!!!!!
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

Snow1Wolf wrote:I have the same issue
have similar probs since two weeks. But in my case it might be my ISP, which is veeeery fecked up lately
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
TheYonderGod

Post by TheYonderGod »

RazY70 wrote:Maybe it's a DNS issue. Try to flush your cached DNS - ipconfig /flushdns

Maybe restart your router/modem?
this or change your DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
https://developers.google.com/speed/pub ... docs/using
ImageImage
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

I tried firefox and IE both got same problem (btw still accessing from another PC obviously): "This page can't be displayed" after a long "waiting for http://www.global.... to respond". I also tried to connect to the site via IP (typed numbers in the box instead of the "www.global...") and got same problem, so that would rule out DNS right?

Already tried power down router and PC, didn't fix it.
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

Hitman47 wrote:I tried firefox and IE both got same problem (btw still accessing from another PC obviously): "This page can't be displayed" after a long "waiting for http://www.global.... to respond". I also tried to connect to the site via IP (typed numbers in the box instead of the "www.global...") and got same problem, so that would rule out DNS right?

Already tried power down router and PC, didn't fix it.
Try the Google DNS. I once had a similar problem with a site. Both direct IP and DNS didn't work. It was like my ISP had it blocked or something. Once I changed to the Google public DNS (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) problem was gone.
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

I may have had this problem the other day, try restarting your router.
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

In that case, try via proxy.
If it works, its time to call the ISP.
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

Changed both ipv4 and ipv6 DNS addresses to the google public one, nothing changed. Tried to access the site using a proxy website, loaded the website like nothing is wrong, at same time tried to load the site normally without it, couldn't. So basically I can't access the gc site from my ip since yesterday morning, wtf???
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

you've been banned!
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

UN Cyberwarfare division is already proving successful. We have successfully neutralised one of the IMFs high command, now we need to move on to the others
TheYonderGod

Post by TheYonderGod »

You can access it on a different PC on the same network?
Wired or wireless? (both of them)
You could check or hosts file..I really doubt it's the problem unless someone that has access to your computer is trolling you, but it's a quick check so you might as well http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/27350/be ... osts-file/
How about another OS on the same computer? You can download http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/ and install a DSL (Damn Small Linux) live disk on a USB flash drive to test it.
Admins, has anyone gotten IP banned lately? Maybe a spammer or something with in same IP range got both of them banned?
ImageImage