can't load GC website

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: can't load GC website

Post by Hitman47 »

yep, latest IE, everything is on default, problem persists.
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

Check with IE in safe mode. Maybe you got some problematic add-on
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

Tools tab > Internet Options > restore Adanced Settings and Reset Internet Explorer settings.
make sure to restart IE.

1. Right click on My Network Places

2. Click Properties

3. Right click on Local Area Connection, or what ever one you?re connected with

4. Click Properties

5. Click once on Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) to highlight it

6. Click on the Properties button below

7. Make sure at the bottom 'Obtain DNS automatically is selected- if not, select it.
another thing you might try is
Tools tab > Internet Options > restore Adanced Settings -> tick "use TLS 1.2" (and untick "use TLS 1.0")
but this is not a secure website so... :roll:
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

Tried all of that, nothing changed. Tried RazY's tip, safe mode, nothing changed.
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
TheYonderGod

Post by TheYonderGod »

If I was you I would just reinstall Windows, it should be done at least once a year or so anyways imo. <-before that though I would try it with a Linux live boot like I suggested before just to make sure it IS a software problem so you aren't just wasting your time..
ImageImage
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

With the brick wall you're running into, a clean install will probably be quickest way to fix it after countless hours of headbanging. Simplest solution would be to pull your current hard drive, put in a new or old hard drive, install windows and see if it resolves the problem.
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

needless to say reinstalling your OS is a pain...
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

definitely won't reinstall windows! :lol:

I'm fine browising GC from Friefox and everything else from IE, but I'll keep trying to fix the problem, my guess is either somehow the firewall + AV combo is doing something weird or the security options in "advanced" tab in IE are being weird.
Last edited by Hitman47 on Thu May 23, 2013 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheYonderGod

Post by TheYonderGod »

sushi25 wrote:needless to say reinstalling your OS is a pain...
I can practically reinstall in the time it takes people without SSDs to reboot ;P I have a customized windows installer and all my drivers and program installers on my flash drive ready to go.

But yeah it's kinda annoying if you don't do it very often.

If you have an extra HDD or flash drive or something you can just move all your important documents to there. If you only have one you can partition it and move everything then reinstall on the first partition.
http://ninite.com/ really speeds up installing programs. You can make a list of all the other programs you want that aren't on ninite then go download them all really quick, or just do it when you realize you need the program.
ImageImage
TheYonderGod

Post by TheYonderGod »

sushi25 wrote:needless to say reinstalling your OS is a pain...
I can practically reinstall in the time it takes people without SSDs to reboot ;P I have a customized windows installer and all my drivers and program installers on my flash drive ready to go.

But yeah it's kinda annoying if you don't do it very often.

If you have an extra HDD or flash drive or something you can just move all your important documents to there. If you only have one you can partition it and move everything then reinstall on the first partition.
http://ninite.com/ really speeds up installing programs. You can make a list of all the other programs you want that aren't on ninite then go download them all really quick, or just do it when you realize you need the program.
Hitman47 wrote:definitely won't reinstall windows! :lol:

I'm fine browising GC from Friefox and everything else from IE, but I'll keep trying to fix the problem, my guess is either somehow the firewall + AV cpmbo is doing something weird or the security options in "advanced" tab in IE are being weird.
Wait so it works 100% fine in Firefox? I thought you said it was off and on.. Anyways, why use IE at all? This is just another reason it sucks. Just use Waterfox for everything except battlelog (battlelog doesn't work on 64-bit browser)
ImageImage