GeForce 331.40 Beta Driver and AMD Catalyst™ 13.10 | BF4

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Hgx

Re: GeForce 331.40 Beta Driver and AMD Catalyst™ 13.10 | BF4

Post by Hgx »

A Docile Sloth wrote:Apparently the 320.49 drivers from July work the best, although I haven't tested this.
I was using 326.19 with a 650ti. 60fps constant, 720p, low. But with a lot of visual glitchs, specially in high ping servers (rainbow battlefield) and some fps drops here and there.

Im about to test the BETA driver now and I'll post the results.

Edit: Tested the latest Beta Nvidia driver. Exact same performance, no visual glitchs. (No more multicolor everything for me)
XrunawayX
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by XrunawayX »

The Nvidia 331.40 driver works fine for me with no issues. I have a GTX 580 SC.
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

+1 the Nvidia works ok for me also, GTX 680
LazyJohnwon

Post by LazyJohnwon »

EDIT: This post is for the 337.50 Beta driver, the newest release
I do not have a before/after comparison, I will come back here with one once I move my rig to it's new case, but, this beta driver has made an IMMENSE increase in FPS and FPS stability! I cannot stress this enough, it is like night and day. 45 fps smooth with dips on mostly ultra/some high settings to 55 Solid as a rock (only dips with Firestorm map explosion effects) All 1080p First off, here is my (aging fast) rig.

MB:asus p5p77d-e
CPU: i7-860 unparked and Turboboost off at 3.2 GHZ - Looking at this and the Intel chip specs, I'd suspect the other cores are running at stock speed, however all my tests show all cores at 3.2 ghz, so perhaps a minor OC
HDD: WD 7200RPM 750GB (Seagate hybrid drive goes unused in case)
RAM: 4x2gb 1600Mhz G. Skill RAM (Currently underclocked to 1333Mhz due to this chipset and my need to OC the processor)
GPU: 760 GTX Reference Card (From Nvidia) Stock
PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w

I believe the bolded to be why I'm seeing such immense performance increase. This beta release was Nvidia's response to MANTLE. A refined DX11 API with emphasis on low-level access, decreasing the load on the CPU. Now, my CPU is 5 + years old running on air, So I've got a nice CPU bottleneck going. Due to my luck in a free 760 gtx I can run this game at all.

(And yes, a waterblock for a nice CPU OC and SSD are on the way ASAP :)

For what it's worth, this runs more stable than any official release for me, aside from the occasional texture load time of .5sec (which I attribute to my HDD/Ram). Will post whatever graphs you need for me to prove this to you all

TL;DR: BETA driver, theoretically and in my real world experience, really only shines as advertised in situations like my own. Older/Slower CPU paired with a newer GPU. Honestly if you don't have a CPU bottleneck (basically a CPU older than sandy bridge, or comparable AMD processor with a single card) you won't see much improvement.
Digz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Digz »

LazyJohnwon wrote:EDIT: This post is for the 337.50 Beta driver, the newest release
I do not have a before/after comparison, I will come back here with one once I move my rig to it's new case, but, this beta driver has made an IMMENSE increase in FPS and FPS stability! I cannot stress this enough, it is like night and day. 45 fps smooth with dips on mostly ultra/some high settings to 55 Solid as a rock (only dips with Firestorm map explosion effects) All 1080p First off, here is my (aging fast) rig.

MB:asus p5p77d-e
CPU: i7-860 unparked and Turboboost off at 3.2 GHZ - Looking at this and the Intel chip specs, I'd suspect the other cores are running at stock speed, however all my tests show all cores at 3.2 ghz, so perhaps a minor OC
HDD: WD 7200RPM 750GB (Seagate hybrid drive goes unused in case)
RAM: 4x2gb 1600Mhz G. Skill RAM (Currently underclocked to 1333Mhz due to this chipset and my need to OC the processor)
GPU: 760 GTX Reference Card (From Nvidia) Stock
PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w

I believe the bolded to be why I'm seeing such immense performance increase. This beta release was Nvidia's response to MANTLE. A refined DX11 API with emphasis on low-level access, decreasing the load on the CPU. Now, my CPU is 5 + years old running on air, So I've got a nice CPU bottleneck going. Due to my luck in a free 760 gtx I can run this game at all.

(And yes, a waterblock for a nice CPU OC and SSD are on the way ASAP :)

For what it's worth, this runs more stable than any official release for me, aside from the occasional texture load time of .5sec (which I attribute to my HDD/Ram). Will post whatever graphs you need for me to prove this to you all

TL;DR: BETA driver, theoretically and in my real world experience, really only shines as advertised in situations like my own. Older/Slower CPU paired with a newer GPU. Honestly if you don't have a CPU bottleneck (basically a CPU older than sandy bridge, or comparable AMD processor with a single card) you won't see much improvement.
hot tub time machine