Mic cuts out

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Tankbeard

Mic cuts out

Post by Tankbeard »

I have Astro A50's running through a creative z sound card. Its really sketchy but when it acts up the mic just cuts out. Sometime its for a couple seconds, other times its permanent and i have to turn off my astros. I also have a pair of crappy usb headphone/mic and it was having that issue too. Although not as prominent. This sounds like a Windows error now. Where would I start with tracking this down? I also sometimes here a USB disconnect sound as well.
Battlelog-Cass_McStabs
ICallIDTheft

Re: Mic cuts out

Post by ICallIDTheft »

Could just be a tiny bit faulty connection between your headset and the wire connecting it to the computer. Make sure you don't fiddle with the wire and that it's untwisted and see if it comes up again. Mine does that sometimes, but I can mostly avoid it by not messing around with the wire.
Tankbeard

Post by Tankbeard »

I just got a new s-pdif cable just in case. I am going to get an externally powered usb hub incase that is the issue with the mixamp
Battlelog-Cass_McStabs
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

Maybe try it on another computer? (laptop). Start to narrow down where the fault is.
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke