Arma Connecting Failure

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Arma Connecting Failure

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

So was playing DayZ SA Alpha with some friends today and after playing for a few hours i decided i'd hit up some TacBF in Arma3. I switch games go to connect to the only server with people, EU#1, which i had been on the day prior with Hitman and I get a connecting failed message. Try other servers just to see if it was just that one and i get the same message. Tried vanilla Arma3.. same results. Went back to DayZ unable to connect to their servers either. I can connect to everything else RO2, BF4, etc. It's like I've been quarantined from any server related to Arma in some way.

Tried looking everywhere online looking for a solution. Tried the netsh winsock reset i read somewhere that helped someone with a similar issue didn't help... So now im sitting here with 90 dollars worth of games I just bought unable to connect to any servers. Needless to say I am very sad now :(. I was wondering if anyone else has had or knows of this issue and knows any other possible things I can try to fix it.

One thing I should note I don't have access to my network router as I am on University Campus internet.
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Arma Connecting Failure

Post by Hitman47 »

never heard of something like that happening....did you make any changes on your PC since the last time we played TacBF? I don't see any connection between arma 3 and dayz standalone.....

P.S. I know Fisherman plays both dayz and arma 3 without any issues...

EDIT: sounds to me like a router firewall issue....I had a similar thing with Wargame:ALB, where I played it for 2 days no prob and then suddenly I couldn't connect my account on login. Solved it by turning off the router firewall, nothing else helped.
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

When playing Arma3, I will often fail to connect to the same server 3-4 times before it randomly lets me in. So there's that. I wondered the same thing, if some internet god had decided to deny me Arma, but persistence paid off.
ImageImageImage
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

I think gwynzer had similar issues to what you and starfisher were experiencing, not sure what he did to fix it (if anything short of just trying a lot) though.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

Well, it seems to be working today without any change from me. Not sure what the problem was exactly. The connection between DayZ and arma btw was just that they were both by Bohemia Interactive and built on similar engines. When I couldn't connect to one I couldn't connect to the other. Now that I can connect to one I can suddenly connect to both. So assuming its a firewall issue that miraculously fixed itself I'd guess that BI games run off the same port.