Windows 7 meowmeowmeow I have a product key

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Nix

Windows 7 meowmeowmeow I have a product key

Post by Nix »

I know this going to sound really stupid...

So, I'm building a new computer. I have an Acer OS backup disc(s), which I'm 99% sure I can't use on my new build. (Plus, it has all kinds of drivers and sh!t that would be useless to said new build...)
But I do have the product key...

What I'm trying to say is, is there a (Legit) plain jane copy of Windows 7 I can download, so I can register my serial key on?
Or do I have to buy Windows all over again?
Last edited by Nix on Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MAAfield 4: MAA Rising, Second MAA, MAA Strike, MAA's Teeth, Final MAA, MAA Operations, Community MAA and Legacy MAA
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Re: Windows 7 meowmeowmeow I have a product key

Post by Gwynzer »

tbh, pull the installer image off of a legal source. Install using that and use your legit key and you are in the clear, there isn't actually a problem with that.

Also see this about article that may be able to shed some light for you :)
Tea-Assault
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Tea-Assault »

First of all, on the back of your desktop there should be a COA with a "product key" where it says what OS you're running. Just take a look at it before you start.

FIRST:
Grab your original OS install disk and run it on the new machine to install windows 7.

(I think this is how you do it) If you don't have said install disk, download the windows OS ISO specific to what you are running currently onto a flash drive or write it to a disk. This is where your product key comes in, you then have to run the software on the new PC and put your product key in. I googled it and found this http://www.pcworld.com/article/248995/h ... _disc.htmlsnippet of an article. Don't put your key anywhere on any website or you instantly get billed as an internet noob. Also if anyone could verify that this is indeed how to do it then please do.
the end is really fµcking nigh
Nix

Post by Nix »

Thank you guys

http://www.pcworld.com/article/248995/h ... _disc.html
^ This should help :D Thanks Tea!
Tea-Assault wrote:Don't put your key anywhere on any website or you instantly get billed as an internet noob..
LOL why would I do that? *Bites fingers nervously*
MAAfield 4: MAA Rising, Second MAA, MAA Strike, MAA's Teeth, Final MAA, MAA Operations, Community MAA and Legacy MAA