For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

CaptJagermeister
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: BF 4 crash windows 10

Post by CaptJagermeister »

ViperXVII wrote:What is it with you people 0_o

90% of you that have reformatted to 10 have refused to do a clean install ... coincidentally those 90% are getting weird errors ^^

It takes one evening and will probably save you a lot of headaches down the line
The only weird error I've had so far is BF4 crashing because of an old ts3 overlay plugin thats not supported anymore which I don't think has anything to with me upgrading instead of doing a clean install.
Róka

Post by Róka »

CaptJagermeister wrote:
ViperXVII wrote:What is it with you people 0_o

90% of you that have reformatted to 10 have refused to do a clean install ... coincidentally those 90% are getting weird errors ^^

It takes one evening and will probably save you a lot of headaches down the line
The only weird error I've had so far is BF4 crashing because of an old ts3 overlay plugin thats not supported anymore which I don't think has anything to with me upgrading instead of doing a clean install.
Crossing my fingers that if I update today nothing bad will come up
ImageImage
Róka

Post by Róka »

No issues for me and didn't do a clean install.
Everything is fine and saved, I spent about an hour going through all the Win10 settings, changing location and info sending to Microsoft, and making sure win settings sync if I ever do a clean install. One problem came up when I tried launching BF4 but that's because nvidia drivers didn't auto-update, every other driver did.
EDIT: I still have the issue where a few games have really washed out colors in fullscreen [(not an OS problem) i.e. BF4, CS:GO, DayZ, TitanFall, GTAV, etc.]. And it seems screenshots lose A LOT of quality when you edit them in Paint. Original SC is ok, but one edit in Paint diminishes it quite a bit too much, way more than before.
This is what I got until I manually updated gpu driver lol:
wat.png
ImageImage