Nancy crashing on me

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Rooster

Nancy crashing on me

Post by Rooster »

I was able to get into battle for 1/4 of a round but when that round ended, I crashed to desktop. When I loaded up and tried again it started to load for about 1 sec. then crashed again. I d/l GC Lite 1.8 and installed it. Here is what my file structure looks like.

Any suggestions??
ImageImage
Griffin

Post by Griffin »

Delete all the GC stuff and reinstall GCmod/patches and than Lite mod. Also reinstall the map packs and see if this corrects the problem.
ImageImageImage
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

same happens here :( except that i can play the map when it is in normal mode but as soon as it is reversed it crashes to desktop like rooster's
Night_S

Post by Night_S »

Yep,

You have way too much GC** folders.
ImageImage
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

i don't have as many folders as rooster though

GC
GC_FUN
GC_Lite
GC_Lite_rev
GCALT
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

woo, found the problem

i must have had a really old version of GC_Lite_rev cause i deleted it then re-installed the file and it now works :D :D :D :D :D :D
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

Yeah, I got it working now. Thanks Griffen, your advice solved my problems. Just to bad I had to redownload all of those mods & map packs. :?

I thought that might have been too many GC folders. :)
ImageImage
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

Yeah, I had to sit out Nancy for the same thing. Usually I can find the glitch in time to get back into the battle, but this one was tougher than most. I tried out the rest of my campaign maps in a local mode and they all worked as advertised. I know that the game will pull the right mod config i.e. pure, secret weapons, dc, ect. by what the server is playing at the time. But its been my experience with GC and FH. that I got much better results by picking the activating the mod before logging on th Server. Is that the way everybody else is doing it?The extra configs make knowing your game mods even more important to successful log ons.
That's just what I am seeing, though! Could be a fig newton of my imagination, too...........................naw!

I sure like the lag levels better than the last two campaigns. Good job on the GC lite idea altogether.
ImageImage