New member question (Resolved)

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Ori

New member question (Resolved)

Post by Ori »

hey, I just joined

I have a couple questions... what do I do to get started for BF2? It says signups begin tommorow, but do I join any teams before that, or just wait until tommorow?

Thanks
Last edited by Ori on Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

Well, we are starting with the demo, so you will need that, then yes, you could either sign up for the draft, or wait till tomorrow for sign ups to begin.
MizCleo

Post by MizCleo »

you sure are helpful, degrooved
BFE #1 | BFE #2 | WGO #1 | GC #1 | GC # 2 | GC # 3 | GC # 4
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

Damn straight, I'm trying to get New Forum Administrator, gotta get noticed see. Course, no one round here trusts me enough to give me any form of power. So I figures I might aswell help what ever folks I can.
Ori

Post by Ori »

Im brand new to GC, but what exactly is a draft? It looks like people join the server to try out the system, then pick a team.
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

You can post on the draft thread with your info and be drafted by one of the high commands on Saturday or if you have one side you would prefer to fight on, just wait until you see the Signups now open post and use the toiurnament signup buttons on left side of this page to sign up. We keep this signup open for the entire campaign for late joiners so you wont miss your chance to enlsit, lots of room for everyone. If we need more room, we make more room. If we need more squads or servers so that everyone gets to play. we do that too.

Glad to have you here, Ori, have fun, mate!

Winter :D
ImageImage
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

DAMN YOU WINTER!
Last edited by DaGrooved1 on Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
speed_demon

Post by speed_demon »

To answer your first question: All you're going to need right now is the demo until the full game is released. We will be playing the demo quite religously until the release :P .

Question #2: Tomorrow a Fantasy Draft is going to take place. You can sign up for it if you wish by going to this link and posting the required information: modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5100&start=60 The draft is our way of keeping the teams even at the beginning of each campaign. It is voluntary, though most do sign up.

If you do not wish to take part in the draft, then after the draft is finished, you may sign up for your desired army (EC or US) in the left-hand menu. The draft will take place at 3 PM EST.

Oh yeah, welcome :D .
GC BF1942:
5A|2|Pfc|*
6A|M|Capt.
7R|1|Sgt.*

@8-Maj.
GC BF2:
C1: US|SF|Lt.
C2: 3E*PVT
C7: BA*CPL
C8: ]C[Csm
C9: Neutral
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

AHH STOP STEALING MY PEOPLE!
MizCleo

Post by MizCleo »

dagrooved, calm down, you can still help people in a selfless manner. Ya see, youre helping is nice, but its just to aid you. GC is about selflessness.
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

Sorry, it's been a stressful day for me, exams, no demo, more exams coming up, studying, etc.
MizCleo

Post by MizCleo »

i know how ya feel man. But school ended on May 20, so I don't really feel ya that much
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

You live in Europe? No, Im a moron, it says Texas, I asked because my friend lives in Europe and he's been out for a month or so aswell. Here in Newfoundland we need more time to learn, I'm almost a master fly spinner.
Ori

Post by Ori »

ok, thanks guys, signed up for the draft. Cant wait for the demo to come out, ive been a fan of bf since 1942 came out...

and if anyone cares, I live in new york city :twisted:
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

Great glad you decided to stay, you wont be dissappointed, you might want to get Teamspeak and connect to our server if you didnt already know, the IP address is located on the side bar at the bottem <--