SOMEONE LOOK AT SCREENS AND HELP!!!!

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Shrapnel
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Shrapnel »

oo, icky. Looks like your card is freaking out. Is it by chance overclocked? If so you've pushed it too far, back it off a little and see if it clears up.
[sig]Broken due to link being older than I am (in internet years at least) and laziness[/sig]
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

Yeah make sure you have latest drivers, directx 9.c and don't overclock, I overclocked and got the same results in bf1942 back when I had my mx440
Greenthumb

Post by Greenthumb »

No I don't have it overclocked, although I did have my last card (which I switched today overclocked)
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

When you switched cards you did remove all the old drivers and stuff right?
znipah

Post by znipah »

Is it an ATI card? Supposedly some ATI cards have a problem with BF2 resulting in bad tearing, as is the case in your screenshot. Don't worry though, DICE says ATI is on it and will issue a fix shortly.
@x1-znipah|StFw.GR
@3-Fw.znipah|PJ
@4-ObSchtz.znipah|DAK
@5-Hptm.znipah|SD
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

Im using Omega ATI drivers 2..6.25a
Thoronath

Post by Thoronath »

i had the same problem in bf vietnam. i had to use a program to delete all the remnance of old drivers and install the newest ones and that fixed it. you couldnt just install over old drivers.. the name of the program escapse me though sorry...mabe someone else here might know it.
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

well for nvidia you can get detonator RIP or destroyer or something from 3dguru.
Night_S

Post by Night_S »

Program is called Driver Cleaner Pro
ImageImage
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

I am using the Omega drivers with my ATI 9700 Pro on my laptop and the demo played cleaner and faster than BF42 mods ever played in the past.
I was very impressed by that, for sure! I have a new system using a Nvidea 6800 ultra \256 megs, hope it looks as good!

Winter-Out :D
ImageImage
Stumper

Post by Stumper »

What Kind of ATI card should i get .. im getting one very soon but i dunno what to get... Like jjust ne old thing. as long as it plays BF2

Image.. The award im yet to get!!

ChickenSalad

Post by ChickenSalad »

After reading your "underclocking" post and seeing that pic I'd say your g'card simply overheats. My R9700 showed some very similar weirdness when the cooler was badly fixed. If the card's new, give it back and have it replaced or let the guys at the shop make sure the cooler's mounted right and the vent is working.
If the card's older or has no warranty anyway, just do it yourself (which makes your warranty go bye-bye, in case there's still a valid one). Unmount the cooler and clean it, then apply a very thin layer of quality cooling paste on the gpu and remount the cooler. Once reinstalled, check if the vent is spinning when the rig is powered on.

If that doesn't solve your problem, dl and install MotherBoardMonitor: http://mbm.livewiredev.com/
Set it up so it shows all temps right, then have it make a high/low log like every 30 seconds. Let it run in the background while you play. Once the graphics start freaking, leave the game (or reboot if needed) and check the temps your system reached during play. If your mobo temp's above 40°C you should increase the airflow inside your case, if your cpu goes above 50°C, you'll need to take a look at your cpu's cooler too.
Problem is that no matter how good your gpu cooler is, if the case temp goes way high, it'll simply make efficient cooling of your gcard impossible.