Skipping People in BF2

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

I'm with a AMD oc to 3300 with 1 gig (400MHz) and a 6800GT with DSL (1.2Mbps download with 330kbps upload) and only have skipping problems the first 30 seconds of the game which I attribute to some caching or loading on the server and client*s*. After that I have no skipping problems at all on most 64 player servers. I even played on the GC german server yesterday with 32 people and had no problems with a 150-200 ping.

The only time I had continious skipping problem was when I had a second machine on the network downloading non-pr0n stuff. Even tho it wasnt downloading much, it interfered. I also only have 17 processes running on my Win2k machine with windows update turned off (I manually update weekly).

Seems a few things can cause skipping, FPS, server, EA product, something downloading, and your internet connection. Whats your bandwidth?

sidenote... the game had me detected as a T1 and I manually selected the lower DSL/cable connection button.
tripleX

Post by tripleX »

Eh this is an old topic btw. I think most of the skipping, what I've always called warping, that folks were talking about was a bug in bf2 itself (server & client) and was corrected with the 1.01/1.02 patch.