Connection Problems

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

BRUMMIE
Senator
Senator

Connection Problems

Post by BRUMMIE »

Ikon_Zero wrote:Have you all read EA's issues with connectivity?
if not read here:
http://eatech.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/eate ... aqid=17654
This worked, thanks. For me it had to do with the game Ports. I thought that by closing windows firewall down I would open all the ports, but that is not the case. Certain ports remain closed. You have to manually add all the ports as suggested in the EA article. I have XP service pack 2. I had to go into control panel/Security center/Manage security settings and then the exceptions tab. I then added ports. I named them bf2 and then systematically added the ports. Now I don't know wether I have compromised my security or by how much, I guess some at least. Anyway it worked for me.
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

Go to www.dslreports. They can give you a free security probe of your firewall and a speed and tweak test as well. Any ports not needed will be reported as such.

Winter :D
ImageImage
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

will try, btw brummie, it says prots 1500-4999 you didn't manually add some 3000 port settings did you? If not how did you get these in since it said something about not accepting the "-".
Windrider687

Post by Windrider687 »

lol 3000 port settings, now that would be interesting to see someone open every single one.
You'd better hope you're faster than the wind...for I am what drives the bullet into your skull unaware.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
BRUMMIE
Senator
Senator

Post by BRUMMIE »

LOL no I didn't Sushi. I did the same as you and it was rejected. I simply entered the 2- 4 digit numbers seperately.
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

BRUMMIE wrote: I simply entered the 2- 4 digit numbers seperately.
Sorry, but you did what exactly? Btw I still got some connection problems messages but was able to play a bit on some ranked servers. Not sure if it transfers my score correctly thougt.

How does the HQ-score thingie work btw? All point you get= score points (if so it definately does not work correctly for me)
BRUMMIE
Senator
Senator

Post by BRUMMIE »

For want of anything else to try I entered 1500 as a port, and then entered 4999 as a port.
Reaper13

Post by Reaper13 »

I read eatech's customer help, and that is a LOT of ports to open manually, for my windwos firewall and the router 8O . hmmmmmm... maybe ill just set up my game machine as a DMZ zone, disable my XP firewall, keep my norton firewall and try that . should work i hope