Signatures??

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

syL

Post by syL »

He did have the correct image link+syntax in his sig earlier (before I told him to try html...which doesn't work at all, although the board says it's enabled)...and the fact that the plain text (correct syntax) appeared in his sig means that he had the "always add signature" box checked as well.

well, actually come to think of it...maybe he hadn't and just clicked "attach signature" manually...although I can't see why that should make any difference...but you never know, so check that :).

What he could try though is to add some spacing, for example start with a blank line or some text, see if that changes anything.
Dedicated to the Steelworkers of America. Keep reaching for that rainbow!
Scottyboy

Post by Scottyboy »

Added spaces. Still does not work. I don't know what the problem is. My dad is computer savvy. I'll ask him tomorrow. Getting kinda late. Think I'm done 'till tomorrow.
yes i suck ;)
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

Dont worry about it scottyboy. I went in and adjusted it for you. You had a gap between the f in .gif and the slant bracket at the end. Thats all.

One of the rules of bbcode is no gaps between bracket codes and url ends. There are others and I leave those to you amigo.

Winter
ImageImage
Scottyboy

Post by Scottyboy »

Thx a bunch Winter :D :D :D :D
yes i suck ;)
Scottyboy

Post by Scottyboy »

I just fully read the bbcode instructions. It's really nothing I didn't know. Maybe I made a simple mistake, although I don't remember leaving a space in between .gif[/img]. Also, something that i didn't see in that bbcode help thing was adding things after [img]and[/img]. Winter, you added numbers and letters after those:

[img:78477688e8] and [/img:78477688e8]

I couldn't find it in the insturctions so could you tell me what that is?
yes i suck ;)
Scottyboy

Post by Scottyboy »

Okay nevermind I don't know why you added that extra stuff but it works with anything so thank you very much for all of your help, I really appreciate it
:D :D :D
yes i suck ;)
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

your sig is huge!
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

those numbers are added by the server, not me. As a rule, when replacing my sigs, I delete those numbers as well and let the server issue fresh ones. Probably does anyways, but its cleaner and quicker for me that way.

DG is right about size bro. Try for around 150 pixels high and about 450 in length. We well be enforcing that once the campaign settles in and everyone has a little time to square their sigs and avatars away.

Usually you get a warning, if no cooperation, we start pulling them. If still none will either remove sig image rights from user or toss him out for a short bout of inner reflection and reorganizing goals and prio;rities here at GC.

Why go through the distraction, help us by using these limits in your sig and passing on the intel above to anyone in your company needing it.

Winter :D
ImageImage
Scottyboy

Post by Scottyboy »

Okay i'll do that but i don't have photoshop installed right now. i'll have to find it. i can never resize it right with paintshop. it always cuts part of the picture off when i go to resize it.
yes i suck ;)
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

Use infranview32 for those small jobs. Its free and very small and has many plugins as well.. Reliable as a fecking rock and makes good viewr for pics, gifs,, psds , mpgs, and avis as well as .swfs too. Just do a browser search for it and in minutes you will be editing those simple jobs like text and cropping.

Good luck, mate.

Winter
ImageImage
Scottyboy

Post by Scottyboy »

Thanks winter. Well, I've never really been that in to this kinda stuff but you guys have done a real good job of clearing it up for me. I'm still gonna look around for photoshop though and see what i can do with it. Only thing i've really done is add text. But that's a start 8)
yes i suck ;)