ATI problems and BF2

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

KRAZYD

ATI problems and BF2

Post by KRAZYD »

Hey guys
I am running a 9800 Pro with 128 ram on it 1G of occ ram and I have a Athlon 64 3200

I can't even get the game to play. I load everything is fine then I am in game for 2 secs and blue screen of death. I have to reboot and start all over again. I am running the 5.6 drivers. This is the only game i have problems with all others run fine. I have been reading on the net alot and everyone i see is having problems with the 9800 pro. KNow one has answers for me but maybe GC does come on guys help me out I don't like spending money for a game i can't even play. oh ya i run at 1024 by 768 with 75 refresh rate. have tried others like 800 by 600 by no change.
Matta

Post by Matta »

In my "office" computer (office computer, lol :lol: ) I have Athlon XP 3000+, 1GB RAM and Radeon 9800Pro. Til 2 days ago I had Catalyst 5.1 and after that Catalyst 5.6 and everything is running without any problem (all settings on medium). And I played on it couple of 2-hour sessions cause my primary computer was offline.

It seems that this is one of the "strange" problems because it hits majority of ATI users but not all. :?
It definately has to do something with drivers, but non of the driver versions fix the problem. If it works, it works on all versions. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work on all.

I know I didn't help but you're not alone with that problem. Perhaps you should try to disable fast-writes or revert to AGP 4X, perhaps that will fix the problem.
369th Devil's Division
BFE/WGO/GC veteran
Don_Quix

Post by Don_Quix »

I have an Athlon XP 3200+, 1GB PC3200 RAM, and an ATI Radeon 9800XT. I haven't had any problems other than the occasional CTD (which almost everyone seems to be experiencing regardless of system). I'm running on medium quality with the latest Catalyst drivers.

I think I remember reading something about some people with the AMD 64-bit processors having problems getting the game to run. You may want to look on the planetbattlefield.com forums. You might be able to find some solutions there.
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

I was running the demo on my Alienware lappy that uses an ATI 9700 Pro with 128 megs. The demo played very well on Omega drivers. You might try those, my friend.

Winter :D
ImageImage
Mat-Moo
Executive
Executive

Post by Mat-Moo »

My brother has exactly the same problem but with a 850xt - he's given up now and bought wow and playing that instead!
## # /\/\at-/\/\oo # ## (AKA Mat-d-Rat)
My software
Free reminders by email
sledgehammer

Post by sledgehammer »

I have everything you have with the exception that I have intel chipset.

I have no issues whatsoever ( other than my slow cpu =) )

Try using the DNA drivers from THIS http://download.guru3d.com/dna/ website.

Also if you know how to install the Default Video driver, then you will want to use DriverCleaner3 to uninstall the old video drivers first. FIRST, before installing the DNA's. What this does is clean all the old drivers out so that you don't have choppiness and/or issues from having multiple drivers installed.
Faith is, at one and the same time, absolutely necessary and altogether impossible.
- Stanislaw Lem
EliteSoldier0

Post by EliteSoldier0 »

I have a radeon 9550, 1GB of RAM and an AMD athlon 64 and the game is working perfectly :D
Sluz

Mine is not hot

Post by Sluz »

I'm having problems now...

Sometimes it's super stable and sometimes my computer resets for no reason while playing BF2. I have tried running all at stock settings and it keeps doing it. No idea what's going on.

I have a PIV 2.4b, 1 gig OCZ 3200 gold RAM, Radeon 9500 pro....I have tried the new Radeon drivers, the new Omega drivers. I might go back a couple revisions on the drivers to see if that helps. The last OMega drivers were working fine.
Winter_Lion

Re: Mine is not hot

Post by Winter_Lion »

Sluz wrote:I'm having problems now...

Sometimes it's super stable and sometimes my computer resets for no reason while playing BF2. I have tried running all at stock settings and it keeps doing it. No idea what's going on.

I have a PIV 2.4b, 1 gig OCZ 3200 gold RAM, Radeon 9500 pro....I have tried the new Radeon drivers, the new Omega drivers. I might go back a couple revisions on the drivers to see if that helps. The last OMega drivers were working fine.
You aren't hitting three keys at once in the heat of the moment are you my friend? I have done that several times in the past and my PC would reboot itself right in the middle of anything I was doing ingame.

Just a thought.

Winter :D
ImageImage
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Try underclocking everything that is underclockable. I've seen reports of underclocking stablizing BF2. Not a solution but its at least a diagnostic to try.
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

New Catalyst driver 5.7 available, here

the game is still running for me, even after updating to the 5.7 driver version. Anybody has some setting experience what to enable etc. with in the catalyst graphic-card control center menues for the ATI Radeon X800 Pro ?
Mat-Moo
Executive
Executive

Post by Mat-Moo »

Have to say I'm still on 5.6's (Omega edition, none of that crappy ccc ati gave us!) and still have glitches. However 5.7's made no reference to improvements on BF2 so I'm waiting and hoping 5.8's will be better (should be int he next couple of weeks)
## # /\/\at-/\/\oo # ## (AKA Mat-d-Rat)
My software
Free reminders by email
Cobra

Post by Cobra »

im running 9800SE with atitool 2.6.12 i would try installing the
orig. drivers then update the drivers one version at a time till
you find the one that isnt working.

Winter Lion, i too have had the REBOOT when i press three
buttons at the same time, its happend twice to me now. thank
goodness it hasnt happend while in a GC match.

COBRA™
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

Whoa, pressing 3 keys at once reboots your pc? I know my keyboard only handles a max of 3 keys held down at once, and any keystrokes made after that won't register, but I've never heard of it restarting your pc! On another topic, I've heard that Catalyst 5.7 shouldn't be used if you have a new 256mb card, because you will get better performance with the 5.6's as the new 5.7's are designed to help older 128mb cards, but I'm using the latest omega drivers and I dont really notice much difference.
sledgehammer

Post by sledgehammer »

interesting
Faith is, at one and the same time, absolutely necessary and altogether impossible.
- Stanislaw Lem