Game Crashed before Starting(resolved)

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

LCourage
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Game Crashed before Starting(resolved)

Post by LCourage »

I've had no problems with the game from demo to release. Then today out of the blue my game wont load. The BF2 logo comes up and a black screen then CTD. The movies wont even load. I reinstalled the game. I did a scandisk.
Any ideas?
Tunnel Snakes rule!
tripleX

Post by tripleX »

reinstall video and soundcard drivers
Windrider687

Post by Windrider687 »

Could be a problem with the corporate side of things if you had it today, 'cause I've heard from many a person that BF2 was doing wierder things than ever thought possible with a computer. (okay, well not really, but still some funky stuff)

My guess is that EA is doing all their evil work of screwing up the game today.
You'd better hope you're faster than the wind...for I am what drives the bullet into your skull unaware.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

yeep I had some strange graphic probs also yesterday and it took me several looooooong trys to get a connection to that stupid account server.

So bush try again today. (Btw did you fool around with the movie-files? Probably you deleted/renamed to many of them)
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

Battlefield 2 has an excellent troubleshooting section built in to the installed game. Look in your Programs\EA Games\BF2\Help folder. The exact problem you ask about is covered in detail there.

Winter :D
ImageImage
Windrider687

Post by Windrider687 »

Yeah for some reason, you can't delete the secret Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Videos, otherwise the game will crash.
You'd better hope you're faster than the wind...for I am what drives the bullet into your skull unaware.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage