ive signed up and wanna play now! [RESOLVED]

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

harryhocking

ive signed up and wanna play now! [RESOLVED]

Post by harryhocking »

hiya ive signed up to the 2nd brigade on us, when can i next play a game then? also do i have sign up to play in a tank because im the daddy in those bad boys!! hope you can help

thanks bud

harryhocking
Yob

Post by Yob »

Welcome to GC harry. I'm on US team, 2nd Brigade also. The next Tournement battle day is Saturday at 1 pm Eastern.

Make sure you create a new acct to use for tourney. Try US|2B|PvtHARRY
Be sure to change your game settings for that account ( My Documents -> Battlefield2 -Profiles -> then copy everything from your main profile EXCEPT Profile.con into the new acct profile which should be the largest number profile on your list )> or you will be all messed up.

Make sure you get Teamspeak installed and that it is working on the GC server. We don't use VOIP in game.

Make sure you sign up on the battle roster for the times you will be able to participate.

Make sure you check out the battle strategery for Saturday's fight.

Try to show up on Teamspeak 30 minutes before the match starts. If you can't join at the start of the fight, make sure you check in on TS before joining the game server. Either way, one of the commanders will assign you to a squad and your squad leader will tell you your assignment within the squad.

Good luck and have fun!
If you don't ask, the answer is, "No."
My Campaign ribbons are around here somewhere!
harryhocking

Post by harryhocking »

thats ideal thanks for that buddy i will save this page and go through it, i live in the uk so is 1pm eastern time 6pm uk time? i think thats rite anyway thanks
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

Yob, I think I will use a bit of stuff from your post for my quick guide I'm suppose to make, I hope you do not mind, you will be given royalties of course.
Yob

Post by Yob »

You have my permission, Groovymon. If you would like me to take a crack at anything else, let me know.
If you don't ask, the answer is, "No."
My Campaign ribbons are around here somewhere!
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

Thanks Yob, I actually think I'll add a timezone difference chart aswell :P
gribble

Post by gribble »

Hey and welcome..

please post in this thread where we can improve for beginners at GC. Every input is helpfull :)
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Yob_Yeknom wrote:Make sure you create a new acct to use for tourney. Try US|2B|PvtHARRY
Be sure to change your game settings for that account ( My Documents -> Battlefield2 -Profiles -> then copy everything from your main profile EXCEPT Profile.con into the new acct profile which should be the largest number profile on your list )> or you will be all messed up.
Be careful with this, if one decides to clean up they may get the wrong one. Lets say you have profiles 0001 0002 0003 0004 0005 and DEFAULT. If you decide to manage and delete (within BF2) profile 0002 and then create a new one. The new one will create a 0002 folder.

It is better to "open with" 'notepad' the 'Profile.con' within the folders to identify the associated nicks with folder numbers. Then copy everything except the 'Profile.con' to the newly created target.
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

Hey DG,

Might be a good idea to see if Yob might want to write that piece himself. Nothing like a fresh set of eyes from someone that hasnt been here long enough to forget how tough getting setup was. Eh?

Good leaders delegate where possible and utilize the cream of the resources available to them. Yob is high grade talent, ask him!

Your friend from the party coast...............Winter :D
ImageImage
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

Ok, Winter, you seem to have faith in the boy, I will give em a chance to prove himself.

Come young Yob, show us what you are made of, write us a quick guide to getting started here at GC, I have done a simple 10 step guide already there, but winter seems to believe you have something I don't, "cojones" as winter would say, so, my new friend, prove to me that you are capable of helping the great n00b of beyond, write me a guide, and when and if you beat me, I will replace my guide with that of yours, and your praise shall be sung from the highest mountain.

If you refuse, I will forcefully remove these "cojones" of yours, and replace mine with them! Then I will be unstoppable!

The Arch Mage of the GCWatch

DaGrooved1
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

You know how I feel about your abilities, DG. Just trying to spread the load around and get more good players involved with site development. Makes them feel like they own a small part of our site and they are invested enough to stay with us.

I still love you, my New Foundland outcast. 8)

Winter
ImageImage
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

I'm not...okay I can't lie I am good, but maybe your right, Yob does have the advantage of having that new player smell, and that new player look on life, sadly, I've turned into an 1337 playa, and maybe I've forgotten my roots, so Yob, if you would be so kind as to perhaps reflect on your recent experiences of joining GC, it would be most generous of you too assist me, if you would, in creating a guide, so that all our new players turn out as a good as you did :)
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

[Resolved] I would say :roll: