Your TS microphone(resolved)

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Daywrecker

Your TS microphone(resolved)

Post by Daywrecker »

I was just wondering what everyone uses for a mic on TeamSpeak. Right now all i have is a basic mic that attatches to my shirt collar. Does a headset exsist that sends the voice to a single ear piece. I just bought some badass speakers and sound card, Logitech Z-5000 and X-FI Fatal1ty, and i don't wanna negate my purchase by using headphones. Anyone notice if i sound like crap on TS?
--- Campaign 6 [SFB] --- --- Campaign 5 [HH] --- --- Campaign 4 [SCUM] ---
Image --------- Image ---------------- Image
--- Campaign 3 [SCUM] --- --- Campaign 2 [EC] ---
Image - Image
Cheesy
Executive
Executive

Post by Cheesy »

There are several one-ear headsets out there, but I don't think you can rout TS specifically into the headset and not the speakers, if that's what you want to do.
ChickenSalad

Post by ChickenSalad »

Sounds like you bought a new soundcard? So why not use the new one plus the speakers just for the game sound and set the old card together with a headset up for TS? Been doing it like this for years and it sounds and works great!
My headset is a Creative HS 300. It's comfortable even after 6 hours. Stereo around-the-neck design but it's not sealing off your ears so you'll have the full 3D sound from the game even with it on. Was pretty cheap yet even the microphone is realy great (so the others say).

Oh yeah, forgot that one: Once used a one ear headset but tbh. that sucks. The distraction due to the game sound coming fully through your other ear kinda makes following the TS chatter hard.
Daywrecker

Post by Daywrecker »

Interesting... I plan on selling my old sound card (SB Audigy Gamer if anyone's interested). But my motherboard has on board audio but i disabled it. So you're saying i could use the motherboard audio for the mic only and get none of the game sound to the headset?
Image - Image
Daywrecker

Post by Daywrecker »

Sweet, it looks like i got it all set up and will work exactly how i want. I didn't even think about using a different sound device for TS audio. Thanks. Now all i need is the headset.
Image - Image
ButtPirate

Post by ButtPirate »

I personally use a Plantronics DSP-500 headset (USB headset, plug-n-play, soundcard-on-the-wire, 24-bit sound, etc). It works beautifully, and I don't think I get too many problems with my mic. I think it's a lot cheaper than it used to be, if you look in the right places. All you do is pretty much switch the settings... but again, you're talking about channel-control :P

I can't wait until they finally invent software-limtless-channel-dedication control out from Intel (last I checked).... but now I'm rambling ;)
-=Sig Under Monkeyification or some sort, Thank You For Your Patience At ButtMart! =-