Two games now....

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

WoodenPlank

Two games now....

Post by WoodenPlank »

Heres a problem Ive run into with two different games now: They refuse to install anywhere other than C:
Joint Ops: Combined Arms and the Age of Empires 3 demo both do this.

When I select D or E as the installation drive, it lists 0KB needed for installation. I click "Next" and Im informed there isnt enough available space for installation. I -could- reformat the drive and repartition it with more space, but thats WAYY too much hassle for me to go through for a demo or JO. Does anyone know of a way to get around this little problem other than using a different PC to install and transferring the files by hand, then putting in the registry entries by hand?
Hoo hoo, Robin, I invented black-hawk whoring!
Wrath-man

Post by Wrath-man »

How come you don't just put it on C:? Not enough room?
CLICK HERE TO BECOME A VOTEABLE MEMBER

BF2/Camp 1
Image1E|FT|SoWi Wrath-man
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

Yeah. ive got less than 1GB free on there, and Im not reinstalling windows and reformatting/repartitioning that drive to put on one frigging game.

Does anyone know where the registry key is that tells Windoes installers what drive is the default installation drive? Maybe that will fix this....
Hoo hoo, Robin, I invented black-hawk whoring!
spesknight

Post by spesknight »

Maybe you could just expand the partition without formatting (with partition magic or something like that).
It is also possible that the games just check C for space available, but then you can install it elsewhere. BF2 patch wants 3GB of space in C, even if the game is installed in E..
Try to free more space in C, and then install the games in another drive...