Installation of Patch v1.12

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

sushi
Executive
Executive

Installation of Patch v1.12

Post by sushi »

Guys, from what I read on several german forums the v.1.12 is going to be the same Bulls**t than the previous versions. I read about nonperforming patches, blackscreens, fubared CD-keys and stuff.
Also it appears you might have to run the patch twice should you plan to install BF2 SF before and after you installed the addon. I am not even going to comment on this, but:

Make sure you have made a copy of your game files, saved your data for later recovery and wait untill we tell you the gameserver is running on the new patch.
Last edited by sushi on Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

The GCCE is running with the new patch as of today 13:00 CET.
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

Should you guys install BF2: SF make sure you run the v1.12 patch thereafter. Otherwise joining a server will kick you with a message that you have a modified Game on your system and have to reconvert to the unmodified version. (The gameversion will actually be displayed to be the latest version even if the addon had downconverted it to a previous version).You will also be able to detect you are not running the current version if the servers that run SF maps don't show the Green "2" in the Multiplayer server menu but have a blank space instead.

oh and as far as I know and also did it that way, you have to run the stupid patch twice!

Patch 1.12 --> BF SF --> Patch 1.12
EliteSoldier0

Post by EliteSoldier0 »

sushi25 wrote:Should you guys install BF2: SF make sure you run the v1.12 patch thereafter. Otherwise joining a server will kick you with a message that you have a modified Game on your system and have to reconvert to the unmodified version. (The gameversion will actually be displayed to be the latest version even if the addon had downconverted it to a previous version).You will also be able to detect you are not running the current version if the servers that run SF maps don't show the Green "2" in the Multiplayer server menu but have a blank space instead.

oh and as far as I know and also did it that way, you have to run the stupid patch twice!

Patch 1.12 --> BF SF --> Patch 1.12
No!!... I downloaded the patch when it came out, installed it, and I will get SF soon, so this means reinstalling the patch thereafter, np, except the part where I deleted the patch installer... sich downloading again
----- Campaign 2 [EC] -----
Image Image Image Image Image Image
----- Campaign 1 [US] -----
Click on image for stats.
Infini7e.Zero

Post by Infini7e.Zero »

will we be using this on saturday?
"Show me a hero and I will write you a tragedy."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

I installed the current patch on the GCCE Server (85.10.200.170).
I guess Icon Gamer will have it installed till Saturday too. So I say yes. Would be nice if someone could make sure with Icongamer that they have patched our server till Saturday.
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fanne »

I had to instal BF2 again, it woun't let me patch it before ( no SF here ), maybe that came from messing around with the exe ( gave it a different name for some lag reason )
That's the only prob I've had so far
Thur
Executive
Executive

Post by Thur »

Our server has been updated. We will be running 1.12 for tomorrows battle on both servers.
@4|Obshtz.Thur.DAK
5A|HC|Gen|Thur
@6-Oblt.Thur/LW
7R|HC|Gen.Thur
1E|HC|SgXo.Thur
UN|=GC=Thur
S1*TRG.Thur
4P*SGT=GC=Thur
11H.=GC=Thur
cooks00

Post by cooks00 »

Thank god its been updated as i was getting worried there
CrazyIvan

Post by CrazyIvan »

I cant even run the patch.
When i try to run it nothing happens. I checked in the processes and each time i try to run it the same process appears twice and after a while it dissapears. I had the same problem with 1.03 but then somehow i managed to install it. Been tryin to install this patch for 1 hour now oO
C2: Image
C5: Image

ipH s0M3+Im3s J00 C@NT l1Ek UND4R5T4Nd WH4+ I r $@Y1n It5 Bc I W4+ch to0 mUcH PUrePWN@93
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

Actually it's spawning two processes and takes hell of lot time to complete. It completly stalled my system for at least five minutes. So just give it another try and be patient ;-)
CrazyIvan

Post by CrazyIvan »

Ya but it spawns 2 processes that just shut themselves down after 10-20 secs.. then there is nothing after
C2: Image
C5: Image

ipH s0M3+Im3s J00 C@NT l1Ek UND4R5T4Nd WH4+ I r $@Y1n It5 Bc I W4+ch to0 mUcH PUrePWN@93
basmans_grob

Post by basmans_grob »

Just get is started, walk away and have a cup of tea. I though it had broken when I was doing it yesterday but it hadn't.
spesknight

Post by spesknight »

My own 2 cents about the patch:
I started installation, then stopped it because my computer was almost freezed. Then I re-ran it completely, but the game could not start. Did it another time (it didn't say the game was already patched) but still didn't work.
I had to uninstall, reinstall and even reinstall pacth 1.03, so the patch could work.
Try this last procedure if you have some problems, it seems good...
YouSawNothing

Post by YouSawNothing »

i just downloaded it and then ran it and it worked fine just took a long time