Battlefield 2142 Veteran's Program *STARTED*

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

gribble

Battlefield 2142 Veteran's Program *STARTED*

Post by gribble »

http://www.ea.com/official/battlefield/ ... c=veterans
Battlefield 2142 Veteran's Program.

As we promised in our last newsletter, DICE is pleased to announce the details surrounding the Veterans Program — our way to reward loyal Battlefield 2 players who are planning to play Battlefield 2142.

Players who have logged time with BF2 will be able to log onto the Battlefield website and reserve their Battlefield 2 name for Battlefield 2142 before lamers can squat on it.

Veterans status will also provide players with several other items including the following:

* An exclusive war dance animation that you can use in-game to taunt/pwn other players
* An in-game notification icon that lets other players know that you had a tour of duty in Battlefield 2
* An instant promotion that will be available the first time you log onto the game.

This will let you choose from several weapons and gadgets right off the bat—from a Herzog shotgun attachment to your assault rifle to a V5 EMP grenade available to the support class…and more.

Be sure to check back often for more news surrounding the Veteran's Program so that you can get in on the ground level.
Last edited by gribble on Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fishyman8u

Post by Fishyman8u »

* An exclusive war dance animation that you can use in-game to taunt/pwn other players

Why does this create an image in my head of a bunch of TKers dancing while killing everyone on their team... ?? :?
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

* An in-game notification icon that lets other players know that you had a tour of duty in Battlefield 2
A sucker icon?

Post by Guest »

Ash2Dust wrote:
A sucker icon?
It seems that I am following you Ash.
gribble

Post by gribble »

Interfusi0n

Post by Interfusi0n »

The way they have it set up, you can reserve another player's name. You can be RD Volx. :lol:

Let the squatting begin.
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

You can squat them in 2142, yeah. I grabbed mine already, so dont get any funny ideas.
Hoo hoo, Robin, I invented black-hawk whoring!
Andi

Post by Andi »

i dont think u can get another player's nick.

i tried to reserve "Andi" (bf2: "andi84"). it told me, by bf2 name is already in use by another player. :lol: then i changed both names to andi84 and it worked. :D

i am going to taunt you all :P
@6-Obschtz.Andi|GT
@7-Obgfr.Andi|TB (Einsatzschild Gold, Panzerorden Bronze, Scharfschützenabzeichen, Nahkampfspange Silber)
8D|2|Pfc.Andi
BF2 C3: S2*Man Andi84 (Image BlackOps Service Ribbon, Main Battle Service Ribbon, Trouble Pack Award, Quacksalver Recognition, Bench Monkey, Nutcracker Award)
C4*Pfc Andi84 (ImageShortest Campaign Ever, Squad Unit Citation, Support Medal)
C5: XE*PFC Andi84 (ImageSilver Star, Infantry Assault Medal, Squad Unit Citation, Bronze Star)
C6: SD*CPR Andi84 (ImageCampaign Winner Medal, Battle Service Ribbon, BlackOps Service Ribbon, 3 Lifesaver Medals, 4 Squad Unit Citations, Infantry Assault Medal, Chuck Norris Action Ribbon)
C7: B9*PVT Andi84 (ImageCombat Action Medal)
Dax_inside

Post by Dax_inside »

ill call myself xrcist :)
IM 1337! Y0UR A N()()B!!!!!

C6 =ImageC5 =Image C4 =Image C3 = Image
gribble

Post by gribble »

Yeah, i was to late in BF2 to get "gribble" and so i tried it this time and it won't let me.. but maybe that other "gribble" will not get bf2142 and so i can get my nick back then :)
Colts

Post by Colts »

i´m not sure if i going to buy it but well i´m a veteran didn´t i? :lol:

Colts is locked & loaded
ChickenSalad

Post by ChickenSalad »

I got mine (ChickenSalad) reserved even though I'm going by Ch1ckenSalad in BF2 as some punk had abused my actual nick. Registry service didn't complain bout me registering another nick than my BF2 one - in fact, it even says so on the website, that one can reserve a different nick than the one used in BF2.
gribble

Post by gribble »

Now i am confused.. when i tried to register "gribble" it says, that I can't register id cause some other punk used it in bf2. Maybe he allready reserved it for 2142.

P.S.: if you are a fan of RTCW: Enemy Territory and like ScienceFiction check these QuakeWars videos.
ChickenSalad

Post by ChickenSalad »

That fake gribble probably already registered his royal fakeness.

I reserved my nick just in case I'd decide to try 2142. Tbh. I'm MUCH more looking forward to ET:QW.
Hashey

Post by Hashey »

This sucks. Cant even get Hashey[NL] because it won't allow the [ and ] :?