Looks like bad guys killed the Wiki

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

gomimin

Looks like bad guys killed the Wiki

Post by gomimin »

When trying to open the Wiki you'll get an error message only. In it there's an ip:

it gives me a very bad taste...

http://www.domaincrawler.com/ip/view/74.208.16.77

some US Americans seem to have a lot of spare time...and german situated companies just don't care...

but anyway i mailed their abuse department...
AngelOne
Senator
Senator

Post by AngelOne »

Ok guys the good news is the WiKi is up and running. The plus is that we have better control over it in respect to SPAMs. You will have to login with your GC user details to get in to the edit mode.

What I would suggest is that if anyone has information that they want including in the WiKi they should get in touch with either AngelOne or Gomimin, that way we can make sure the pages are up todate and accurate.

The change from the old to the new WiKi will take place in the next 2 days. There will be no sigificant changes, but it will hopefuly be spam free. You will not have to remap the link as the WiKi will be available via the Front Page.

Look forward to recieving
C12:¦1LT - C11:¦TA - C10:¦TA - C9:¦TA - C8:¦Cpt - C7:¦2LT - C6:¦SGT - C5:¦PFC - C4:¦PFC - C3:¦PVT
AusbilderSchmidt
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by AusbilderSchmidt »

Thx for the good work :D
[IMG]https:///images/210831/.jpg[/IMG]
C7:CPL C8:MAJ C9:SFC C10:COL C11:TA C13:SGT
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

Did I miss something? Don't see a problem with the old and new install right now? I changed config for both to disallow registrations which in fact means that people have to register with the forums here and then use this user and password to logon to the wiki to add / edit pages. We have plenty spam bots here registering but none of em probably is that smart in trying that user/pass in our wiki ;)
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Wiki was raped repeatedly many months ago to the point of not responding.
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

That's why there is a new wiki coming with all that fixed ;) For the curious check out

wikic/

Once wikic is complete, i've started to copy some pages but don't know if i've missed some, i'll wipe the current wiki and move wikic into it's place.
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
AngelOne
Senator
Senator

Post by AngelOne »

Phil, I have completed the transfer of info from the old to the new, and have already started to update/insert ne pages. The only area that I have not transfered over is the Category Reference to =GC=General at the bottom of the page. My suggestion is we remove the reference =GC= General as we already have the Intro Page.

IMO I would say we change over now to the new WiKi. I am going to ask Landrove for a 100x100 pixel image to replace the current GC WiKi logo, to add a bit of colour :wink:
C12:¦1LT - C11:¦TA - C10:¦TA - C9:¦TA - C8:¦Cpt - C7:¦2LT - C6:¦SGT - C5:¦PFC - C4:¦PFC - C3:¦PVT
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Excellent. Sounds like we have 2-3 people making sure it works. Foundation going in place.