Timeline to Campaign 2

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Timeline to Campaign 2

Post by styphon »

We promised you all a quick turn around and we're on track to do so. We can now give you the time table for the start of campaign two.

The draft will be held just before the main battle day on Saturday 4th February. Sign ups for the draft will close Thursday the 2nd, 48 hours before the actual draft. Make sure you've signed up and have poked all your friends to do the same. Following the draft, and some hasty organisation, the armies will meet each other in their first scrim.

The following weekend, Saturday the 11th February will be another scrim, with both armies having had a week to organise themselves and prepare. Expect a good time with early indications on how the BFI may go.

The BFI will be held on Saturday the 11th of February kicking the campaign off with a bang. Expect to hear plenty more between now and then so keep your ears pined to the ground and eyes to the monitor.

tl;dr:
Draft - Sat 4th Feb.
Scrim - Sat 11th Feb.
BFI - Sat 11th Feb.
a432

Re: Timeline to Campaign 2

Post by a432 »

Just wondering about the campaign rule set, will it be the same as C1 or different?
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

a432 wrote:Just wondering about the campaign rule set, will it be the same as C1 or different?
It's going to be different. We're currently working on it and will post it up for view before the start of the campaign.
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

Campaign rule set for C2 is now publicly available for viewing - wiki/index.php5?title=BF3_Campaign_2_System
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

Glad to see the Black Ops battles are coming back. Even better that my suggestions were used... :mrgreen:
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

WoodenPlank wrote:Glad to see the Black Ops battles are coming back. Even better that my suggestions were used... :mrgreen:
I certainly missed the old NABOs and EUBOs, but it's probably for the best that the new iteration of Black Ops battles is also on Saturdays, eh? So hard to find time during the week!
Hi!
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

Goggles wrote:
WoodenPlank wrote:Glad to see the Black Ops battles are coming back. Even better that my suggestions were used... :mrgreen:
I certainly missed the old NABOs and EUBOs, but it's probably for the best that the new iteration of Black Ops battles is also on Saturdays, eh? So hard to find time during the week!
I didn't see anything in the Wiki post about BO battles being on Saturdays. How's that gonna work out?
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

WoodenPlank wrote:I didn't see anything in the Wiki post about BO battles being on Saturdays. How's that gonna work out?
Yeah, that seems to have been missed out in the write out.

Basically an army can choose whether to assault a territory or perform a Black Ops Mission for an attack. We were considering bringing back the Tuesday battles but until we have a full server on Saturday it didn't seem like the best idea.
Clicky to become a Voteable member.

“…so realistic, it'll have you picking shrapnel out of your backside.”
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

madcow wrote:
WoodenPlank wrote:I didn't see anything in the Wiki post about BO battles being on Saturdays. How's that gonna work out?

Basically an army can choose whether to assault a territory or perform a Black Ops Mission for an attack. We were considering bringing back the Tuesday battles but until we have a full server on Saturday it didn't seem like the best idea.
Updated initiating an attack to include Black Ops as an option. Not sure how I missed that...
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

madcow wrote:

Interesting. Could prove an interesting way to prolong the campaign, too.

Alternate idea: Each team has a mandatory BO round per battle day.
a432

Post by a432 »

Alternate idea: Each team has a mandatory BO round per battle day.
Not a fan of this idea, I believe the HCs will be doing BOs anyway with some frequency. No use mandating it and taking away freedom of choice and the strategy that comes with it.
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

Just seems like it wouldn't be worth giving up a normal territory attack for a BO attack under the current system.
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

well if you have to force somebody to use something then your idea may not be as good as you think :wink:
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

Hitman47 wrote:well if you have to force somebody to use something then your idea may not be as good as you think :wink:
I never suggested doing BO in the middle of the MBD, though :P
a432

Post by a432 »

Just seems like it wouldn't be worth giving up a normal territory attack for a BO attack under the current system.
Huh really? Some of those items you can buy seem very OP and worth it. Reinforcements seems extremely useful. It is basically a free territory when you attack or free defense when you defend. Even if the armies are unbalanced I'm sure you can manage to win one round out of 3, especially on maps that are heavily sided one way or the other. Ambush is also great for unbalanced maps securing your defensive win. Similarly Covert assault is useful for attackers on unbalanced maps. I would like to know how those two effects interact if they are used simultaneously by opposing armies though.

I don't understand the use of tactical strike though. What is the difference between an attack on a neutral territory and an owned territory?

Also you should add EMP pulse: Disables all opponents vehicles for the first round on a map. Seems legit

The others seem much less useful and will need to be super cheap to see use.