GC Youtube channel?

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

BLYFACTOR

Re: GC Youtube channel?

Post by BLYFACTOR »

BLYFACTOR wrote:
.Sup wrote:Would anyone be interested in recording during battledays? If there is enough of you interested we will create our own channel. The video would need to be uploaded somewhere where I can download it and re-upload it to Youtube.
I know there are a couple of you who like to make videos and we would have all GC related videos in one place. In the video description I would mention the author and give you credits and also link to your Youtube channel.
Will it be creative commons user license????
Sure dont answer it
GC Battledays (7)
Check out my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/BLYFACTOR?feature=mhee
Epic 64 man Fun Stuff Sign Up hereviewtopic.php?f=2&t=17693&p=189318#p189318
CanShield

Post by CanShield »

BLYFACTOR wrote:
BLYFACTOR wrote:
.Sup wrote:Would anyone be interested in recording during battledays? If there is enough of you interested we will create our own channel. The video would need to be uploaded somewhere where I can download it and re-upload it to Youtube.
I know there are a couple of you who like to make videos and we would have all GC related videos in one place. In the video description I would mention the author and give you credits and also link to your Youtube channel.
Sure dont answer it
It would be a combination under the CC (CC BY-SA -1)
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

BLYFACTOR wrote:
BLYFACTOR wrote:
Sure dont answer it
It will be licensed under the EUCP license under section 37, paragraph 12 of the EU international licence for common purposes.
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

Good answer .Sup.
Clicky to become a Voteable member.

“…so realistic, it'll have you picking shrapnel out of your backside.”
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Anybody tried this: http://www.overwolf.com/
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

.Sup wrote:Anybody tried this: http://www.overwolf.com/
I'm going to give it a try.
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

I couldn't get it to work so that's no help. Considering my laptop, I probably wouldn't have been able to run it anyway :/. I get 40fps at the best of times, and that's with everything on minimum and the resolution decreased.
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
Stonie
Executive
Executive

Post by Stonie »

Live streaming is great.

Give us something to watch in the waiting room.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

I'm also in favour of live streaming as those who are waiting to play can monitor everything what is going on on the server. The question is can people be trusted so that somebody who is watching a live stream of the enemy's side doesn't relay vital info to his army. Unless if links are somehow closed for public and only those with passwords would be able to watch them.
TacticalVirus
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by TacticalVirus »

You wouldn't even need to password it, just release the link to your division on TS. I doubt the enemy could even make a lot of use out of most player's views and audio compared to having a mav up and dutiful use of the Q button. I'll try setting one up for the next battle day and test it during the week to see how it behaves.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

That would be great TV.
Turningsonic

Post by Turningsonic »

Streaming with Xfire ^^
raffletime

Post by raffletime »

I've streamed BF3 before, it does take a toll on framerate though under the current setup. I can't find anything to stream in fullscreen mode, so I have to stream it in windowed, and the combination of windowed mode with streaming (and running 3 monitors) drags me down to about 25/30 fps.
TacticalVirus
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by TacticalVirus »

Like I said I'd get some testing in, but I don't think it'll be a problem. I've played plenty of BF while fullscreen streaming netflix on my second monitor or 1080p vids even. If anyone has any preferences or suggestions on a specific site/gateway for streaming this I'm open to suggestions.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Yeah best would be that we use a site that allows multiple users upload to a common account.