The latest glitch

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: The latest glitch

Post by Bock »

The spread behaves exactly the same as ADS spread does until you let go of the fire button. Then you have normal hip-fire again.
BF3C3: DARK - Inf - SFC || BF3C4: STAR - Inf - 1Lt || BF3C5: KART - Armor - Cpt
BF3C6: SCAR - HC - Col || BF4C1: USSR - Mech - Kpt || BF4C2: GOCI - Inf - Lt
BF4C3: TCF - Bronx - Sgt. Maj. || BF4C4: JANUS - Air - Pvt || BF4C5: TA
BF4C6: SAD - Armor - Cpt
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

The latest glitch is trying to even play on a pub server. Kicked off multiple times by EA's Blaze backend (decides if you get to play or not) and when I get on most of the time I have no unlocks... My tinfoil hate says EA is working more on pre-selling BF4 than... nevermind.
axeman22222

Post by axeman22222 »

StarfisherEcho wrote:My understanding is your first shot is perfect ADS, but then it starts adding hip fire spread/recoil. So it should help your first few shots. But I haven't tested this yet.
It is perfect ADS the bullets will hit right were the crosshair is and as long as you keep firing it will slowly become "euro" hip fire
elchino7

Post by elchino7 »

"Euro" (cause Europeans started using it) is just going ADS start shooting and release ADS while still shooting.

Tried to use it, it´s basically a little edge it might give you when cornering so your first 3 shots on hip fire are ADS while u are trying to go ADS on your next shots.

ADS ADS ASD ASD ASASDASDASD

Changing subject: "Game mechanic vs Glitch/Bug/Exploit" I feel like with the years we are just labeling all the things in the 2nd category.

"Clubbing, drinking, dancing, glancing, flirting, winking, greeting, meeting, chatting, laughing, talking, walking, leaving, weaving, stumbling, fumbling, cabbing, asking, viewing, brewing, nuzzling, cuddling, feeling, reeling, kissing, twisting, touching, rushing, stripping, gripping, clutching, thrusting, bending, arching, gasping, slacking, melting, sleeping, waking, smelling…
Dirt?
Scrabbling, pounding, thumping, bumping, screaming, scratching, groping, choking, crying, gulping, stifling… quieting.
Breathing…breathingbreathing
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

'latest' glitch?
it was discovered before the last patch.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
zorplex
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by zorplex »

I hadn't been aware of either of those glitches. I haven't had a chance to test either since the BF3 servers have been borked due to the DDOS, but I don't think either are that useful in normal play. Then again, I thought the fast revive was a gimmick until I started using it and now I almost always do it.
elchino7 wrote:Changing subject: "Game mechanic vs Glitch/Bug/Exploit" I feel like with the years we are just labeling all the things in the 2nd category.
There is a clear difference between "game mechanic" and a "bug/glitch/exploit". To know which is which, simply answer this question: "Is the mechanic working as intended by the developer?" Whether or not it is ever patched, most bugs are very clearly not intentional. The forcing ADS spread by interrupting your shot is clearly a bug. The "Euro shot" is more debatable, but I would argue keeping ADS spread while firing and releasing ADS was not intentional making it a bug.

The argument is moot though since its ban in competitive matches held by fans can't be enforced and people will use it at their own discretion until it's patched. (Which probably won't happen) It's rather saddening that developers don't pursue these types of bugs more aggressively though. Exploits ruined Halo 2/3 for me (BXR, RYYR, quad shot, etc) as it was virtually impossible to have a fair ranked match without using the exploit. (These exploits basically doubled your damage output and could get instant kills at close range with a battle rifle.) This changed the dynamic so much that it no longer felt like Halo. They never patched it (claimed they couldn't) and it became part of the game in competitive leagues and eventually spread to most online ranked matches. These glitches took a LOT of practice to become proficient in and I didn't find it worth the time to learn how and simply stopped playing ranked matches.

Then again, I can't really hold anything against players who use these types of glitches; it's the developers fault for not patching them. Like I said, I use the fast revive since it's so easy to do and has become an accepted part of BF3. But that doesn't mean I have to like it.
Get a free Planetside 2 starter pack! Shameless PS2 recruitment link!
BF3C2-L • Hitcorp • Staff Sergeant ~§~ BF3C3-L • PRIDe • Captain ~§~ BF3C4-L • Gladius • Captain BF3C5-W • Legion of Doom • Captain Image
BF3C6-L • UNSC • PFC ~§~ BF4C1-L • Allies • PRVT ~§~ BF4C2-W • 9th MEU • P2C
BF4C3 • Corleone Family • HCImage
BF4C4 • SAD JANUS • HC
DaFi

Post by DaFi »

Ifaik, strafing was never an intended feature. And might be one of the best known and most used "game mechanics".
Especially in games without any mod support (like BF3), it is totally up to the developer to fix or change things. And we Player just have to hope for the best. Rules based on trust, not to use some of those glitches might work in GC, but aren't possible to enforce in public. So I think, use it, abuse it, if you want to.. and if it breaks the game, it might get fixed faster.
Battlelog/Origin: DaveFi
BF3C4 Gladius - BF3C5 Legion of Doom - BF3C6 United Nations Security Council
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

StarfisherEcho wrote:My understanding is your first shot is perfect ADS, but then it starts adding hip fire spread/recoil. So it should help your first few shots. But I haven't tested this yet.
from what i've tested its ADS behavior until you release the key.
it starts with ADS accuracy and adds spread and recoil as you fire. but - it adds the recoil to the ADS start accuracy instead of the hip accuracy, resulting in a much more accurate shots then from the hip. the first several bullets are extremely accurate.

and for the question 'is it usefull' - i played TDM with it and its definitely gives you an edge over opponents. after a bit of practice it becomes natural, you get it with firing just a single bullet. its quick and it gives you a good accuracy on both short and medium++ ranges. bottom line - pretty useful.
not sure how it stands with GC rules though.
its definitely ain't fair, but theres no way to enforce it.
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

[quote="Necromancer"

from what i've tested its ADS behavior until you release the key.
it starts with ADS accuracy and adds spread and recoil as you fire. but - it adds the recoil to the ADS start accuracy instead of the hip accuracy, resulting in a much more accurate shots then from the hip. the first several bullets are extremely accurate.
.[/quote]

^This. Same principle as with the euro hip-fire.
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
elchino7

Post by elchino7 »

zorplex wrote:---
Modifing a weapons dmg is obviously a glitch, but if we have to consider EVERYTHING as how might the developers intended to be, we should consider everything as a glitch/bug.

Fast revive (fast revive with main??), no cooldown on repair torch, bunny hopping, quick switch on helicopter, running outside of bounds or deploying things outside of bounds, reload and switching weapon before animation ends, 2s invulnerability after respawn, boost on tank making it take out rear reactive, headglitching or good positioning, "secret" or uncommon positions on maps, jumping -invulnerability- over a fence animation (from a guy who is top10 with knife)...

Thing like before are consider game mechanics when they clearly are unintended mechanics. For me, knowledge is power.

"Clubbing, drinking, dancing, glancing, flirting, winking, greeting, meeting, chatting, laughing, talking, walking, leaving, weaving, stumbling, fumbling, cabbing, asking, viewing, brewing, nuzzling, cuddling, feeling, reeling, kissing, twisting, touching, rushing, stripping, gripping, clutching, thrusting, bending, arching, gasping, slacking, melting, sleeping, waking, smelling…
Dirt?
Scrabbling, pounding, thumping, bumping, screaming, scratching, groping, choking, crying, gulping, stifling… quieting.
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

what?
the following are intended and even been publicly said by EA staff:
- "secret" or uncommon positions on maps
- running outside of bounds
- 2s invulnerability after respawn
- no cooldown on repair torch

there are stuff that you might not like or makes little sense to you, but clearly falls into the category of intended game mechanics
- headglitching or good positioning
- jumping -invulnerability- over a fence animation
the reason for it is the game engine and its limitations. these are the outcome of the developers making a 'workaround' to get features into the game.

not sure whats quick switch on heli and fast revive are.
so the only real glitch in your list is
boost on tank making it take out rear reactive
elchino7

Post by elchino7 »

Necromancer wrote:what?
the following are intended and even been publicly said by EA staff:
- "secret" or uncommon positions on maps
- running outside of bounds
- 2s invulnerability after respawn
- no cooldown on repair torch

there are stuff that you might not like or makes little sense to you, but clearly falls into the category of intended game mechanics
- headglitching or good positioning
- jumping -invulnerability- over a fence animation
the reason for it is the game engine and its limitations. these are the outcome of the developers making a 'workaround' to get features into the game.

not sure whats quick switch on heli and fast revive are.
so the only real glitch in your list is
boost on tank making it take out rear reactive
Glitch: any unintended behaviour. Or something that wasnt preview to happen.

1-Ubication on the map on which the texture are really bad mapped, invisible walls, undestructable windows...
2-The whole idea of out of bounds its to negate a certain route.
3-Yep it´s intended, so i just said its not a bug/glitch but kinda to exploit something from the game. (Torching for x seconds before the cooldown activates. The thing doesnt overheat it just activates after x seconds)

Im with the opinion that if it´s on the game, it´s usable unless heavy game breaking (m26 dart). Im just talking about how we accept some things and other not.

Dirt?
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

I want to bring up the mention of running out of bounds being "not intended". Staying in the OOB area is maybe not intended (which is why you die), but I do not think that crossing through OOB is abusing mechanics at all. I worked with quite a few mappers for the Refractor-based BF games and the out of bounds area was sometimes designed in a way so that you could cross an area only with a vehicle, or so you could use a route for flanking but you couldn't stay in there (Very defensible locations where you could spawn squaddies and hold out forever). I think that the OOB area on the hill east of Alpha on Karkand64 has been designed this way. You can cross over the hill, but you can't sit and camp up there.
expandas
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by expandas »

Necromancer wrote:not sure whats quick switch on heli and fast revive are.
"quick switch" is typically called seat-switching. If you hop into the pilot seat of an idle attack helicopter, it will take a few seconds to spin up the main rotor. However, if you immediately switch to the gunner seat and then switch back to the pilot seat the rotors will spin up immediately. This allows you to take off quicker or recover faster if you like to fly solo in order to practice your TV missile skills.

This video explains the "fast revive" fairly well:
phpBB [video]
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

It mostly depends on how game breaking it is, or how much it causes the game to deviate from the intended experience. Most leagues ban 320 because it breaks the experience too much, and the 320 is definitely an intended gameplay mechanic. Head glitching is probably the biggest one I can think of that really sucks, but which is widely used by everyone because you basically have to if you're behind cover. It's definitely a glitch, definitely a pain, but everyone uses it, and in the end it doesn't completely break the game.
ImageImageImage