Moderator: Executive

Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Thoughts on GC

Post by Hitman47 »

*stands on his table*

Oh captain, my captain!
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
kidbagz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by kidbagz »

Chefcook wrote:
Fanne wrote: :thumbup:
:thumbup:

IMHO a group is bound to reach a state of exhaustion when there is an eternal quest for balance in a "flawed by design" environment where it (the group) can see that a simple change to a few variables can balance the game and put everyone at ease, yet it (the group) knows that it can never implement these changes (closed nature of BF3). So it (the group) tries its best to set rules and guidelines, that might create a better balance, but in order to follow these rules a part of the fun is lost, turning itself into a control freak.

In essence, it is hard to find a balance between fun and fair, when you cannot alter the game itself... even worse when all you have to work with is a broken game that you know will never be fully fixed. Then every attempt feels like a continuos beating of a dead horse, expecting change, with the knowladge that it will never happen.

That is why I look forward to BF4. Reset, release and start again with a tabula rasa. I hope we choose a simple game style for BF4 C1, use the knowledge we got from the massively convoluted BF3 C5 and C6 and create a new, fun and wild experience for everyone here at GC going forth with this new game.

/end speech :roll:

I will show myself out now.
Image FOR THE MOTHERLAND!
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

The glorifying beauty of this community is that despite every now and then getting pissed at each other over a game, I can still get on TS and have random discussions with people from Western and Eastern Europe, Canada, South America, the Middle East, all over the world basically, and despite any cultural differences we might have we can still find common ground over issues and have fun together.

And no matter what problems come up, that will still be my lasting memory of GC at the end of the day/week/month/year/decade/life/time/etc. The simple fact that despite any differences we have around the world, we can still find something to laugh at and be angered by at the same time, is literally the best thing about this community, and is why I have hung around this place for going on 9 years now.

k:beer:
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fanne »

running out of thumbs now :lol:
Sirslicey

Post by Sirslicey »