Battlefield2142 news-thread :)

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

gribble

Battlefield2142 news-thread :)

Post by gribble »

Battlefield 2142 E3 2006 Preshow Impressions

so post further info about the new bf game in here :)
ColonelHogan

Post by ColonelHogan »

Battlefield works because of the rock-paper-scissors nature of the combat--every weapon and vehicle has a counter.
I don't think this person has played BF.
The downside of the drone, however, is that if you use it, it always floats over the squad leader, which blows the squad leaver's cover, so there's an upside and a downside to the drone, just like with everything else in Battlefield.
Once again, somebody hasn't played BF2.
You'll be able to unlock even more items in Battlefield 2142, such as weapon upgrades, so you can attach a silencer or a scope to a certain weapon. You will also be able to mix and match your equipment and gear, so you can choose which grenades to take along, or you may know what your opponents are carrying and customize a weapons load to counter them. The more you play the game, the more you'll unlock, and the greater your customization options will be.
This is starting to sound like Joint Ops. The thing I like about BF kits is that you get what you fraking get. No upgrading to other weapons, attaching scopes and silencers. The unlocks piss me off enough, I never know which gun I'm gonna pick up from a dead guy.

The Titan mode looks pretty cool, it is essentially bringing carriers back into the game, and enhancing Coral Sea.

And I love how they are embelishing the "story" of 2142, because that always matters in BF.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Throw out half of the cool features, make the other half of whats left buggy, and pay EA $50 on its release. Thats what the game will really be like.

I'm still waiting almost a year later for a kick ass BF2 mod where the game will be truly fun. OPK just put out a release. POE sounds like they're about to release. And EOD is getting close. FH sounds like quite a many more months.
gribble

Post by gribble »

tiberian_rebel

Post by tiberian_rebel »

ColonelHogan wrote: And I love how they are embelishing the "story" of 2142, because that always matters in BF.
Uh-oh, I'm using logic again and you know what that means.

First, if there is a massive ice age that is going to cover the globe and wipe out humanity, why, WHY, would all the nations start stockpiling war machines and developing new weapons instead of tring to solve the glacier problem?

Second, why would you want to use a mech? Being on two wobbly legs just makes it that much easier to topple it over. If one rocket were to hit one of those legs, it would fall over instantly and be useless.

Third, why do you want to upgrade weapons with scopes and silencers? Unless you have a sniper rifle which, duh, already has a scope, adding a scope is pointless. Putting a scope to a battle rifle seems kind of pointless. And why do you want a silencer? It just reduces the stopping power of the gun.

Fourth, you'd think that in another century we would have something better to kill each other with than just plain old, boring bullets. After all, don't we have lasers that can shoot missles out of the sky.

I'm going to stop now and let someone else have fun criticising this.
"It is only one who is thoroughly acquainted with the evils of war that can thoroughly understand the profitable way of carrying it on." -Sun Tzu
Mat-Moo
Executive
Executive

Post by Mat-Moo »

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... tlefiled+2

Google link to watch titan vid directly - gotta say looks quite nice!
## # /\/\at-/\/\oo # ## (AKA Mat-d-Rat)
My software
Free reminders by email
Mat-Moo
Executive
Executive

Post by Mat-Moo »

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/Vi ... ail&id=137
20 min video taken at e3, shows some interesting features!
## # /\/\at-/\/\oo # ## (AKA Mat-d-Rat)
My software
Free reminders by email