Global Conflict TV

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Re: Global Conflict TV

Post by mrBLUE9 »

zorplex wrote:Since I finally have the hardware/software to enable gameplay recording, I figured I'd give it a try to help record point of views of future battle days. I've been testing settings to see what works. I'm currently using Dxtory with the Lagarith codec, YUY2 mode to capture at 720p30 and then using h264 to encode for upload to Youtube. Here are a couple test recordings from yesterday's black ops. Please let me know if anything needs to be corrected for future recordings, thanks.
These are all great, Zorplex! Regarding the darkness, what program are you using to compress? And what settings? There's some compression guidelines here. Also there's this program called Handbrake, it's free and pretty easy to use, I haven't had any issues with darkness with it.
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

zorplex wrote:Since I finally have the hardware/software to enable gameplay recording, I figured I'd give it a try to help record point of views of future battle days. I've been testing settings to see what works. I'm currently using Dxtory with the Lagarith codec, YUY2 mode to capture at 720p30 and then using h264 to encode for upload to Youtube. Here are a couple test recordings from yesterday's black ops. Please let me know if anything needs to be corrected for future recordings, thanks.

Epicenter R2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX2sy53c4yg (NOTE: I uas using my speakers here hence the echo. Also, the final render is darker than the capture for some reason. It's very noticeable on the YT upload. I might fiddle with the YT lighting correction.)
Damavand Rush: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkRxsyfYGEg
It looks fine for me.

YV12 is enough, though.
You can record gamesound and mircophone separately with dxtory which is nice.
There are also youtube videos for recording tipps for dxtory+BF3 (also +laragith i think).
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Phyrefli

Post by Phyrefli »

Epicenter R2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX2sy53c4yg (NOTE: I uas using my speakers here hence the echo. Also, the final render is darker than the capture for some reason. It's very noticeable on the YT upload. I might fiddle with the YT lighting correction.)
Damavand Rush: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkRxsyfYGEg
Not sure if this is any help, to you or anyone else, but here's a screenshot of all my Dxtory settings. I use 2 HDD's, and record both speaker sound and mic with Dxtory.
Dxtory Video Recording Settings
Dxtory Video Recording Settings
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

@ Jokerle
i use the same settings as you.
what do you use to render the videos? thats what probably darkens your videos.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
AdmiralGiggles

Post by AdmiralGiggles »

Honestly the videos look perfectly fine, instead you should fix your audio.
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

Btw, the youtube codec LOVES darkness, so unless you edit your video before render with some brightness, it's always going to take more of the dark side, it's very remarkable with games like Minecraft, where the real player can see in full darkness while in game, the youtube user can't.
zorplex
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by zorplex »

I'm using Adobe Premier to edit and encode. I increased the bit rate and it helped a little, but it's still darker on the Youtube upload. Since everyone seems to be ok with the video, how is the audio?

I know the Epicenter one is bad, is the Damvand Rush round bad too? I have a loud keyboard, so you can hear me playing on it. I didn't have a Push to Talk hotkey enabled because I use my mouse for TS and it wasn't recognizing it. If it's a problem, I can try and get it to work.
Get a free Planetside 2 starter pack! Shameless PS2 recruitment link!
BF3C2-L • Hitcorp • Staff Sergeant ~§~ BF3C3-L • PRIDe • Captain ~§~ BF3C4-L • Gladius • Captain BF3C5-W • Legion of Doom • Captain Image
BF3C6-L • UNSC • PFC ~§~ BF4C1-L • Allies • PRVT ~§~ BF4C2-W • 9th MEU • P2C
BF4C3 • Corleone Family • HCImage
BF4C4 • SAD JANUS • HC
AdmiralGiggles

Post by AdmiralGiggles »

zorplex wrote:I'm using Adobe Premier to edit and encode. I increased the bit rate and it helped a little, but it's still darker on the Youtube upload. Since everyone seems to be ok with the video, how is the audio?

I know the Epicenter one is bad, is the Damvand Rush round bad too? I have a loud keyboard, so you can hear me playing on it. I didn't have a Push to Talk hotkey enabled because I use my mouse for TS and it wasn't recognizing it. If it's a problem, I can try and get it to work.
Well imo keyboard noise is not the problem, but the ingame sound sounds really weird to me.
So i missed you used speakers, but in Dxtory you record from soundcard anyway, so why does it sound weird?

I'd recommend x264 CLI for encoding the video, everything else is just x264 LITE imo.
Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Bock »

BF3C3: DARK - Inf - SFC || BF3C4: STAR - Inf - 1Lt || BF3C5: KART - Armor - Cpt
BF3C6: SCAR - HC - Col || BF4C1: USSR - Mech - Kpt || BF4C2: GOCI - Inf - Lt
BF4C3: TCF - Bronx - Sgt. Maj. || BF4C4: JANUS - Air - Pvt || BF4C5: TA
BF4C6: SAD - Armor - Cpt
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

GCTV presents:

LOD's 1st Lieutenant, Hgx, show us his favorite L85A2 loadout. Hope you guys enjoy!

phpBB [video]
TheYonderGod

Post by TheYonderGod »

Nice video, I completely forgot about the PM your sent me to do that. I'll do mine tomorrow or whenever my internet is back up and I have time. It's not going to be very interesting though. "I use the m16a3. The end." :clap:
ImageImage
AdmiralGiggles

Post by AdmiralGiggles »

TheYonderGod wrote:Nice video, I completely forgot about the PM your sent me to do that. I'll do mine tomorrow or whenever my internet is back up and I have time. It's not going to be very interesting though. "I use the m16a3. The end." :clap:
Don't forget HB+FG are bff ! :thumbup:
Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Bock »

BF3C3: DARK - Inf - SFC || BF3C4: STAR - Inf - 1Lt || BF3C5: KART - Armor - Cpt
BF3C6: SCAR - HC - Col || BF4C1: USSR - Mech - Kpt || BF4C2: GOCI - Inf - Lt
BF4C3: TCF - Bronx - Sgt. Maj. || BF4C4: JANUS - Air - Pvt || BF4C5: TA
BF4C6: SAD - Armor - Cpt
AdmiralGiggles