All ye filmmakers!

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Sarantini
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: All ye filmmakers!

Post by Sarantini »

So when I made a test run to I got like 1 gig for 1.5 minutes, what programs and settings do you use to make the movie smaller in size for uploading
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

windows movie maker is one of simplest and cheapest (=free) solutions to cut down the size.
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

after recoding (which is tons of GB, about 20-50 depending on the time of course), run it through Sony Vegas encoding it with one of the H.264 codec cuts it down to about 2GB in 1080p.
about 1GB per 10 minutes.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
LongBowNL
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LongBowNL »

Jokerle wrote:windows movie maker is one of simplest and cheapest (=free) solutions to cut down the size.
Or http://handbrake.fr/
Sarantini
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Sarantini »

Don't forget to record!
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

today's scrim isn't the official recording day, that's next week. However, anybody is free to record as usual, according to their army's rules.
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
solmartig
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by solmartig »

im gonna frap it this time and see how it goes been reading a lot of reviews and seems like editing wise is better to actually use dxtory fraps is just easy to set up dxtory gives you more choices specially with the sound
C3:ImageC6Image
Sarantini
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Sarantini »

oh ok i thought we recorded both days
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

the map has been confirmed, Op Firestorm 64v, 2 rounds. Everybody who can record plz check the OP again and post here if you can record but are not on the list or if you are on the list but you can't make it for the first 2 rounds of the upcoming Saturday's battle.

Also, both armies (looking at UN here) plz make sure that your FC for Op Firestorm can record so we can get the MAV feed.
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
dan1mall
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by dan1mall »

90% sure I wont be here for the first 2 rounds. If firestorm was the 2nd or 3rd map then maybe
BanzaiLang

Post by BanzaiLang »

Found out last scrim that recording makes the game nearly unplayable so I probably can't record next scrim. I can still do the editing though.
solmartig
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by solmartig »

BanzaiLang wrote:Found out last scrim that recording makes the game nearly unplayable so I probably can't record next scrim. I can still do the editing though.
same for me, i can normally record in other servers but once i started in both the NA and EU my fps suddenly dropped to 10 and goes back up to 120 once i stop recording. dunno whats going on there, i normally play the game on ultra without any problems i lowered all my settings to low and still get the huge framedrop, any thoughts? is it coz im using fraps or are the dxtory ppl having the same problem?
KoffeinFlummi
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by KoffeinFlummi »

solmartig wrote:
BanzaiLang wrote:Found out last scrim that recording makes the game nearly unplayable so I probably can't record next scrim. I can still do the editing though.
same for me, i can normally record in other servers but once i started in both the NA and EU my fps suddenly dropped to 10 and goes back up to 120 once i stop recording. dunno whats going on there, i normally play the game on ultra without any problems i lowered all my settings to low and still get the huge framedrop, any thoughts? is it coz im using fraps or are the dxtory ppl having the same problem?
Dxtory is definitely better in terms of performance, especially because it allows you to still play at 60+ frames while recording at 30.
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

recording on a different HDD with dxtory 1080p/30fps and i got no noticeable FPS drop on my system. and my system is pretty old, getting ~75FPS on medium+, no AA. (GPU Radion 5850HD)

@Benzai you tried with Fraps too?

who else doesn't have dxtory?
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
solmartig
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by solmartig »

i dont have dxtory, and at the moment dont really have the option of recordning in another HDD, how is the performance of recording in an external HDD using USB since i play on a laptop?