Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Goggles
Executive
Executive

BF2142: Sniper Heaven?

Post by Goggles »

Check out the below quote...

Now I remember going through the Tuning Beta and getting shot time and time again by snipers. Apparently the BF2142 community believes that sniping is the way to go: less recoil for the snipers, lower body armor for the infantry. Gee.. "fun"

And if that's not enough, the run-n-gun support class (yea, you don't need go prone or anything, you can fire it just like any other assault rifle, but do more damage and fire more bullets..)... the support weapon overheats slower and cools off faster? So basically unless you're support or sniper, you don't stand a chance on the ground?
A Message from the Battlefiled 2142 Senior Producer, Marcus Nilsson

As the beta tests for BF 2142 have finished, on behalf of everyone at DICE I wanted to personally thank you for your help with the development of the game. We gave you a mission, and you delivered above and beyond what we could have hoped for. Thanks to your hard work, we've already made over 3000 bug fixes and very many changes to BF 2142, and we continue to fine-tune the game based on your feedback. Some of the forum traffic we've read has asked what fixes we are making, and while there isn't room to list all of the changes, your feedback made us make some major changes to Titan shield layout as well as adding death material to the outside shield, killing people trying to just sit and wait for shield to go down. These changes plus more around the Titan is making the fights even more intense and rewarding.

We have also, based directly on your feedback from both rounds of the Tuning Beta made a number of gameplay changes. The Support class's Machine Guns now overheat slower and cool down quicker when not firing. The Doragon and Talon gunships have received an increase in maneuverability to allow for better dogfights. Additionally, all Recon class's sniper rifles have had their sway substantially reduced and are able to be equipped with a more effective Gruber 5 Stabilizer. Finally, the heavy body armor now absorbs less damage from incoming projectiles, effectively increasing the power of all weapons against heavily armored opponents.

The end result is that when BF 2142 releases next month, we are confident it will be a great experience. We continue to work toward the goal we have had all along in the development cycle, which is to make BF 2142 the best BF release ever.

Thanks again for your help in this important process, we hope that you had as much fun playing as we did. We'll see you on the battlefield soon.

Marcus Nilsson
Senior Producer
Hi!
ColonelHogan

Post by ColonelHogan »

EA has tarnished the Battlefield name. Take it back to the roots, 42 or nothing.
tiberian_rebel

Post by tiberian_rebel »

I'm sad to say I preordered 2142 before I had played the beta very much, but I'm with Hogan. I may pub in 2142 a bit, but I think I'm gonna take up 42 again.
"It is only one who is thoroughly acquainted with the evils of war that can thoroughly understand the profitable way of carrying it on." -Sun Tzu
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Cancel the pre-order. You know EA is shipping it Beta.
tiberian_rebel

Post by tiberian_rebel »

I probably should, but I don't know if I can. I pre-ordered it at EB games. I bought a strategy guide or something, and the guy said "would you be interested in pre-oredering BF2142." And, because apparently I'm a dumbass, I said sure. Does EB games do returns like that, anyone know?
Last edited by tiberian_rebel on Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It is only one who is thoroughly acquainted with the evils of war that can thoroughly understand the profitable way of carrying it on." -Sun Tzu
Daywrecker

Post by Daywrecker »

I pre-ordered 2142 too from EB games and after the results i heard from the beta came back, i sent an email asking to cancel my order. I never heard anything back and my order is still ready to go and ships Oct whenever BF2142 comes out.
Last edited by Daywrecker on Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
--- Campaign 6 [SFB] --- --- Campaign 5 [HH] --- --- Campaign 4 [SCUM] ---
Image --------- Image ---------------- Image
--- Campaign 3 [SCUM] --- --- Campaign 2 [EC] ---
Image - Image
tiberian_rebel

Post by tiberian_rebel »

I just realized that I wrote EA instead of what I meant to say, which is EB games.
Daywrecker

Post by Daywrecker »

Me too!
--- Campaign 6 [SFB] --- --- Campaign 5 [HH] --- --- Campaign 4 [SCUM] ---
Image --------- Image ---------------- Image
--- Campaign 3 [SCUM] --- --- Campaign 2 [EC] ---
Image - Image
tiberian_rebel

Post by tiberian_rebel »

I guess we're just so used to being pissed at EA that when something similar comes up we just assume it to be EA.
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

If youre worried about snipers, just unlock the AR rocket for the assault class. Problem solved. That rocket eats snipers for breakfast. Also, considering how terrible the sway was on the sniper rifles during the beta, I can kinda understand toning it down some. I just hope thery fixed the fraking stupid thing in the support guns of them getting more accurate as they fire. That had to be the worst decision ever. An assault kit cant beat support because of it.
Hoo hoo, Robin, I invented black-hawk whoring!
Stipe

Post by Stipe »

Sniper + cloak + knife = ftw 8)
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

Until you eat my AR shotgun for breakfast cause I saw the motion blur, anyway.
Hoo hoo, Robin, I invented black-hawk whoring!
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

AR Rocket really likes it's breakfast! ..lol..

played a bit of the demo earlier today with Xarface, Matsif and Gottek. Good times were had, it's quite engaging when you get the right people together (we also kept winning, that helps, lol).

Didn't play an ounce of the assault class, though. The map was so heavy in vehicles that the engineer class (with AT rocket) seems to be the most helpful (by far). Occasionally while playing the Titan mode, I would switch over to the support kit for anti-infantry. I don't really see a use for the assault class anymore, except for the revives?
Hi!
Gravis

Post by Gravis »

i played the assault class exclusivly for the tuning beta... i loved it... able to have the med pack and shock paddles was a huge help...

Remember this isnt a lone wolf game... rely on teammates for ammo and defense from armor
tiberian_rebel

Post by tiberian_rebel »

I would have to disagree about it being a teamplayer game. I always join a squad, but I've gotten the top score three out of the four times I've played a full round using a mostly lone-wolf strategy. Everyone fights for one flag and I just sneak around and cap the rest. The armor is hard to manuever, especially the walkers, so it's an AT's paradise.