[BF2142] DICE Community Update (Nov. 2006)

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

speed_demon

[BF2142] DICE Community Update (Nov. 2006)

Post by speed_demon »

Attention soldiers,

We would like to explain here how committed we are to increasing everyone’s experience with Battlefield, especially regarding the updates for Battlefield 2142. We acknowledge that the patching process could have been smoother for Battlefield 2; we have listened to the feedback and learnt from it.

To accomplish this goal Dice has recently formed a Live Team with the purpose of making sure your playing experience on the Battlefield is as solid as possible after the game is launched. Among other things, the team works closely with the community and handles the patching process, together with the Ranked Server Providers.

Your Dice Live Team is located at the Dice Studio in Stockholm and is made up of key people from the game project teams. This means that the same people who actually built Battlefield 2142 will be responsible for updating it. It has the clear advantage of involving people who are fully knowledgeable about the code and design of the game. The patches will also be thoroughly tested in closed beta tests before being released.

The patches will also be entirely dedicated to correcting bugs and making fixes instead of introducing new gameplay mechanics, thus significantly reducing the risk of introducing new bugs with the patches.

With all this said, we would like to announce patch 1.05 for Battlefield 2142. The patch includes more than 25 fixes which will improve every player’s experience on the Battlefield.

The following fixes will be included, along with many others:

:arrow: Titan will no longer be able to move once its shields are down, so that lag within the titan should be significantly reduced and revive inside the titan shouldn’t be a problem any more

:arrow: Changes in EA master server communication to greatly reduce disconnects

:arrow: Players are now able to receive the Titan Survival Pin

:arrow: All players will see the same missile silo location numbers in Titan Mode

Patch 1.05 is scheduled for release later in November so keep watching this space for detailed release information. Also, stay tuned for more information on an upcoming competition allowing you to make your mark in 2142.

See you on the Battlefield!

/Your Dice Live Team
source: http://forums.ea.com/

Yippee! No more messing with router every time I log in!
Last edited by speed_demon on Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GC BF1942:
5A|2|Pfc|*
6A|M|Capt.
7R|1|Sgt.*

@8-Maj.
GC BF2:
C1: US|SF|Lt.
C2: 3E*PVT
C7: BA*CPL
C8: ]C[Csm
C9: Neutral
speed_demon

Post by speed_demon »

Oh yeah this a good time to make a "Battlefield 2142 News" thread.
GC BF1942:
5A|2|Pfc|*
6A|M|Capt.
7R|1|Sgt.*

@8-Maj.
GC BF2:
Titi

Post by Titi »

speed_demon wrote:Oh yeah this a good time to make a "Battlefield 2142 News" thread.
Forum ... he must mean forum.
And a great idea at that.
gribble

Post by gribble »

I think it will be better to rename the "battlefield 2 news" to "battlefield news" ;-)
Titi

Post by Titi »

gribble wrote:I think it will be better to rename the "battlefield 2 news" to "battlefield news" ;-)
forum wrote:Battlefield News
A place to post current events and news pertaining to our game of choice.
Moderator Executive
I guess I missed the memo ... 2142 is now "our game of choice"?

It would be nice for me (the only lemming in the world who has not bought 2142?) if there were two forums: one for the news I care about and one that I don't have to read since I do not have that game.
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

I changed the description. We can agree on prefixing posts in the news forum with BF2142, BF2, POE2 etc. to give fast overview. One forum per game would be overkill in my opinion. We have too many forums already in my opinion.

Moved this thread to news.
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
Titi

Post by Titi »

ph1l0r wrote: We can agree on prefixing posts in the news forum with BF2142, BF2, POE2 etc. to give fast overview.
And when people do not kindly state which game they are discussing 24/7-ph1l0r will add the correct disclosing title.

Thanks for moving this thread, now it just needs to be prefixed.
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

The prefixing is only a suggestion. Who am i to tell people to prefix their posts? All we can do is ask posters kindly to prefix them.
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
Hashey

Post by Hashey »

I've seen people use prefixes like [BF2] and others on gameservers.net forums, but they have seperate forum parts for each game, but for us it could be very helpfull on which BF part it concerns.
Titi

Post by Titi »

ph1l0r wrote:Who am i to tell people to prefix their posts?
You already did:
ph1l0r wrote:We can agree on prefixing posts in the news forum with BF2142, BF2, POE2 etc. to give fast overview.
And actually I was not suggesting you further tell people to prefix, I was stating you would make sure to personally add prefixes as needed since an extra forum is out of your vision.

I've seen people use prefixes like [BF2] and others on gameservers.net forums, but they have seperate forum parts for each game, but for us it could be very helpfull on which BF part it concerns.
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

Is this such a big deal? The news forum gets maybe one post per day. I really don't see a need for separate forums for Bf2, 2142 and what do we with the news that apply to both? Another forum just for tools?
Titi

Post by Titi »

ph1l0r wrote:Is this such a big deal?
Just as moderators "help" authors by moving threads from one forum to another (this one a case in point) I hope the moderators could add a missing or incorrect 'prefix' when such "help" is needed.
Sure we hope the author will initially put a defining prefix on their title, but as with threads being put in the best forum - it does not always happen.

And since there are "maybe one post per day" this does not seem too unreasonable, since the multi-forum format is not going to happen.

:)
speed_demon

Post by speed_demon »

Prefix sounds AWESOME! I'll prefix mine now. Prefix FTW!!!

w00t post #1500!
GC BF1942:
5A|2|Pfc|*
6A|M|Capt.
7R|1|Sgt.*

@8-Maj.
GC BF2:
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

Noooooooow they come out with the Titan Survival Pin... man, the number of times I could have won that one already :/

At least when I give the order "head to silo 5", my team mates won't be going to the silo completely opposite of it on the map!
Hi!
Dogma75

Post by Dogma75 »

Titi wrote: (the only lemming in the world who has not bought 2142?)
You are not the only Lemming out there Titi :wink:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
sig made by Rob / thx bro