Scrim 18 november Gamert vs Global Conflict

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

Damn it! Why am I so afraid to learn new things! I quit after the first round of wake :(.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

no comment other than we got owned big time, even though I do believe we played good. I believe it was ph1|0r who said that we played too much like we were still under GC rules. apparently, army dumping is FTW
Last edited by matsif on Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Vortex

Post by Vortex »

Well I don't we played bad, we just weren't as good as them, well done and thanks for everyone who came.

vortex :twisted:
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

I do not think they were better then us in anyway shape, or form. They get together to run around, squad cycle, bunny hop and kill things, and we get together to plan, strategize, and make rules for fairplay. In my honest opinion, playing against them in the first place was not the greatest idea, as it did neither of us any good. They didn't get a challenge on their play level, and we didn't get a challenge on ours. But again, that's just my opinion, either way I knew I wasn't going to have any fun in the matter, so I quit.
ramboon

Post by ramboon »

As you noticed, there are rarley new posts of me since Xrcist was banned from GC. BUT in this case I cant shut the FU.

I completely aggree with oberhauptmann DAGROOVED1 and as a result
I never ever will participate on such an unbalanced SCRIM as I did on 18th.

This sutarday reminded me to the asymetric war.
Even there WERE no rules, our community performed an exemplary disciplined warfare in terms of GC.

It´s worth for me t be very proud belonging to a community which is able to preserve ethical aspects in existence menacnig situations like we experienced on sutarday 18th, Novembre.

The HC gave its best to handele the situations but what 18/11 proved was the static warfare doctrine of GC.

over and out
Von_Krieg
Executive
Executive

Post by Von_Krieg »

I think what Dag and Ramboon said is right on. They play the game differently then us and we did play well. Our community is all about mixing things up so there is a big difference. They take advantage of every exploit that they can to give them an advantage but to me that type of play is not enjoyable or even remotely realistic. Not that what we do is that much more realistic but we play as better sportsman.

I want to thank you all for showing up and giving your best effort. I salute you all for today!

I will also say that I will not participate in any further scrims as I do not think that this best for our community though I would like to thank Stonie for setting it up.

Again thanks for showing up and I look forward to a great campaign.

VK
ButchLion

Post by ButchLion »

Guys I just want to say "That was a total display of complete destruction" Either they had high end pc's with t1 connections as there was something definately strange how they dominated our air. We had no chance of getting an sl down on the coast to even spawn jump in. When we defended they were totally domintate once they got their 5 squads on the main base. I do belive they had to be squad dumping, as fast as they were geting troop movement I believe they were spawning all the sls on one sl and then formin squads on the ground instead of forming squads at startup. And then when they got on the ground, it seemed we were issued blanks and couldnt hit anything, even my grens were ineffective. Some were saying it seened like we came and played like we always do in GC and didnt play the pubbie way. Well my suggestion would be if any other community would like to duel us, they should play by the rules we use in our campaign, so we dont have to unlearn any rules we behemently follow. If they are reluctant to do so I would contest they are losers cause if you have to cheat to win, youre never a winner, just a cheater.
BECOME A VOTABLE MEMBER!!!!
See ya in Da Game, Da Butcher
ButchLion.Image
aka [TRG]Butchvonlio, C4 PFC, C5 PFC, C6 CPL, C7 LTC , C8 Neutral, C9 Kpt., C10 Comodore, C11 lcp, C12 lcp, C13 lcp
Shrapnel
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Shrapnel »

I too was left with a bad taste in my mouth after the scrim. I enjoy playing at GC not only for the teamwork but to escape the immature pub style play. To be constantly spammed with "OWNED" while waiting for the round to start...well I sure won't be showing up to any rematch.

The worse part of the day though was that everyone left before the map testing. We ended up trying to test 32 player maps 8v8 or less. It felt more like we had just ended up on TS at the same time and decided to try some maps than a planned event. I had thought that the map testing was the main event so to speak and the srim was just a last minute thing we put together. :?
[sig]Broken due to link being older than I am (in internet years at least) and laziness[/sig]
BRUMMIE
Senator
Senator

Post by BRUMMIE »

This is kinda interesting. First I don't want to take anything away from them; they played as they played and dominated us - all power to them and congratulations on a battle well won. We were given the opportunity to play within the same and didn't know how.

But, and here is the but; perhaps now a lot us will realise why it is we have developed a ruleset that is dependant on 'good sportsmanship'. These rules were designed to counter the anarchy that BF2 allows. Squad dumping and squad cycling are methods of exploiting the weaknesses built into the game design. Following Campaign 1, we realised that this method of play was outside of the reasons we get together to do what it is we do; therefore, we disowned it. Remember this when we next try to improve our tournament play within the ideals of good sportsmanship. We all hate rules, but sometimes they are necessary.
j0n3s

Post by j0n3s »

100% aggree on what brummie said.

It was a good example what playing without rules means, to all those argueing with the ruleset we have.

great performance, gamert.

I cannot remember any flame from our side (ingame) -- that is what make me proud to wear the GC tag, gentlemen.
Bully

Post by Bully »

Hmmm..

I was in TS from 20.00 GMT (same time i signed up in ABC) but somehow noone noticed me.. ?

I changed into some channels and asked about joining the server but got no reply. It looked like the server was full (acc. to numbers in TS) so i disappeared again.

Just a suggestion; Next time please make a difference between main-battle day and such events. I recognized later on in the Forum, that the "normal" battle was intented to be played after this match, but too late for me :(

About the event: Well, from your notes i guess i know the reason why GC is something special.. doesn`t look like i missed a lot of fun there.
Actual Campaign Ribbons:

C6 Image
C5 Image
C4 Image
C3 Image
Philippx1991

Post by Philippx1991 »

I wasn't there so i read your posts!
We should remeber thats a clan and we are a community, they train twice a week and they know each other!
We play good, we have fun and it's gentelman style!
I don't wanna play in a clan or something like that, for me =GC= is the best way to play BF2!

Rock'n roll guys!!!
=GC=Campaign8:Image

=GC=Campaign3:Image =GC=Campaign4:no bling bling=GC=Campaign5:Image

=GC=Campaign6:Image=GC=Campaign7:Image
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

I didnt play because we had alot of people waiting to play and I had stuff to take care of.

But let me guess how GC 'lost' (correct me if I'm wrong):

1) There was no strategizing or planning before the battle other than 15 minutes before the round started (late). Fubar from top to bottom with key factors at the round start fumbled or never implemented.

2) No one takes full control because few squad leaders respond to the unknown FC. Squads sorta function, but are not properly utilized.

3) The other team uses proper strats and over-runs key GC flags. Round over.

4) People start leaving because they dont like losing rounds and GC team is playing down numbers.

The "challlenge another group" before a campaign goes a predictable path. I have no doubt that GC can kick anyones butt with proper strategizing and pre-planning (please show me where we planned and strategized), but I have not seen any posts or practices other than the NA comp teams. No posts and no practices usually = butt kicked. Yet, we have the best turn out for these events so I cant recommend not doing them...
j0n3s

Post by j0n3s »

you're pretty negative ash..
i would say
1) yea (probably)
2) no
3) yea, but the basic difference was that they were extremly using squad dumping (which was legal)
4) no
p0wLe

Post by p0wLe »

well i´ve only played the two rounds on wake. and the key why we lost this battle was a mix of these two issues from my pov:

1.) their different understanding of gameplay. We´re weakened up a bit by the 'gentlemen rules' we created to generate the most possible fun. i think every gc member does like the way we handle our battles. but depending on these grown structures we´ll never win an extern battle against such organized armies, that is based on non gc rules.

2.)even if we´ve had a tough plan and we would have done the fights in their style, we would have lost this battle. their soldiers were pretty more skilled than ours(in average). men i catched one shots over distances from an assault gun, that i´ve never ever recognized in a gc battle. 8O

So after all congratz to GAMERT and thanks for showing us how war is like outside the walls of gc.

over and out p.
<i><b>“I firmly believe that any man's finest hour,the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear,<br>is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious”(V. Lombardi)</i></b>
#9 - SGT:Image