Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Euro Server Ip Changes UPDATED

Post by ph1l0r »

Hi there,

the euro server has a new ip as of now: <s>85.14.219.166</s> -> 85.14.219.223 <-

Don't remember it. Santa is bringing us a new Euro Server with Core 2 Duo goodness and another new ip. I'll keep you guys posted. Sorry for the inconvience.

Cheers

Phil

Edit: http://europe.global-conflict.org/ is affected by this also. Please just try again often.
Last edited by ph1l0r on Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Re: Euro Server Ip Changes

Post by Goggles »

ph1l0r wrote:Hi there,

the euro server has a new ip as of now: 85.14.219.166

Don't remember it. Santa is bringing us a new Euro Server with Core 2 Duo goodness and another new ip. I'll keep you guys posted. Sorry for the inconvience.

Cheers

Phil
Core 2 Duo E6600 if I remember correctly? Exciting :) Do BF servers have the code nesc. to take advantage of the two cores simultaneously?
Hi!
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

nopes. bf2/2142 only use one core at a time buuut the core 2 duo 6600 comes with 4mb cache shared between the two cores. i am pretty sure bf2 will make use of the extra memory it can get. our current cpu (a pentium d 930) has "only" 2mb per core. The 2nd core is useful though and runs teamspeak, webserver etc. in the "background" leaving 100% of one core to the gameserver process. Never saw 100% cpu usage yet. Maximum was something like 70%.
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
Winter_Lion

Re: Euro Server Ip Changes

Post by Winter_Lion »

ph1l0r wrote:Hi there,

the euro server has a new ip as of now: 85.14.219.166

Cheers

Phil

Edit: http://europe.global-conflict.org/ is affected by this also. Please just try again often.
If it pings at the last server's 275-350 average rate from here, I will hang on to my last bullet for Santa. Even then..........it would be too honorable a death for such lag :twisted:

There, I had to whine and rend my camos a bit and I feel better. But.....if you see Santa...........tell em I know where he lives and he could end up on my "butt kicking and lollipop list"........and as usual...........I am all out of lollipops. 8)

stalking him even now..................The Kris Kringle Killer :evil:
ImageImage
Philippx1991

Post by Philippx1991 »

EURO server IP:85.14.219.166 Port:16567

TS2 server IP:85.14.219.166:8767
=GC=Campaign8:Image

=GC=Campaign3:Image =GC=Campaign4:no bling bling=GC=Campaign5:Image

=GC=Campaign6:Image=GC=Campaign7:Image
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

I wasnt able to makes todays battle, but the Euro server was usually 180-190 ping. Anyone seeing different with the new?
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

dumdidum. forgot to log in ;-)
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

Teamspeak changed again. Guess we have our nice new server now?
Clicky to become a Voteable member.

“…so realistic, it'll have you picking shrapnel out of your backside.”
Total_focus_haz

Post by Total_focus_haz »

New changes seem to make play alot smoother.

congrats
Titi

Post by Titi »

Ash2Dust wrote:I wasnt able to makes todays battle, but the Euro server was usually 180-190 ping. Anyone seeing different with the new?
Glad you asked.
Yes, the ping for me is about 11% higher for the new IP.
190(old) -> 210(new)
I vote no for the new IP.
Shrapnel
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Shrapnel »

Mine is higher too. Used to be 220ish now it's 250ish. I get a lot of skating now too.
[sig]Broken due to link being older than I am (in internet years at least) and laziness[/sig]
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

Ok guys. It's a faster server with the exact same connection as the old one. If pings got worse. They would have with the old server just the same. Routing changes almost hourly. The internet is a dynamic place. Our hoster will add capacity in 1. Quarter 2007 which will mostly benefit T-Com customers (in Germany, Croatia and maybe some other subsidaries of it throughout Europe). This might improve things for NA people as well but it also might just change nothing. Last but not least. It's a euro server and as a matter of fact pings get sucky as soon as you cross the atlantic, pacific or similar. I don't know why Euros have a better ping on NA servers than NA guys have on Euro Servers. Maybe it's just NA internet providers not allocating enough bandwidth towards europe for their customers whereas european providers from the beginning had to ensure big pipes to NA as the internet was almost only happening there.