17%
Gulf of Oman
17%
Kubra Dam
No votes

Total votes: 6

Yob

Post by Yob »

A quick overview and then a bit more detail from my perspective.

I'm glad we play for fun and not competitively. No two ways about it, those guys pwned us. They just seemed to be playing on a whole different level. *shrug* So what. I thought the scrim was for fun and I wasn't bent out of shape.

Now check it out:

About a year ago we had a competitive team from =GC= that played in the ladders. In order to compete at that level, you have to practice, practice, practice. It was finally decided to disband the competitive team after a few poor showings. Most, not all, of the people playing in the =GC= tourney do it for the fun. Some take it wayy to seriously and let it ruin their day.

If we are going to have a 32 vs 32 scrim, better make sure we have 50 people sign up.

If we want to win against a group like Zocker, we better have a few practices before the match. Most of us are lucky to be able to get a few hours in on Saturday let alone an extra day of BF2.

Most of you are tired of hearing it, but showing up early helps. Today should have been an hour early to set up squads and strategize a bit. If we had been there early the EA issue possibly could have been addressed. When I joined the Zocker TS they were squadded up and ready to roll.

There seemed to be poor communication as to when we were going "LIVE". I was barely ready for Round 1. When we switched teams for round 2 many people dropped and/or were unable to join. Amidst that confusion we were suddenly live and most of use were still in the latrine. :lol:

From what I was able to gather from chatter on TS, CZ had agreed to play using =GC= Gentleman's Rules. It took a few people in command by surprise when CZ apparently violated the agreement. It was particularly disturbing when our commander quit in disgust while round 2 was underway. Remember, our play style is very different from theirs. Maybe it would be better to play to their style rather than ours. Much easier to play down to ruthless than up to Gentlemanly.

Speaking of =GC= Gentlemanly Rules, since when do we allow squad leader rotation to keep an active spawn point during a match? The squad I was in was actively engaged in squad leader rotation.

What else...what else.....oh yeah. There is no crying in BF2. We were getting schooled and they weren't playing the way we expected them to. Big deal. We were outnumbered for sure. So just play. Just PLAY!!!

I did have a good time today and send thanks to the people who set the match up. Not easy planning something like that. Don't feel down because of the outcome. You did a great job setting it up. Thanks! And thanks to everyone that did show up, even if you were unable to log in due to EA. It's always great to play with my =GC= friends, win, lose or pwned :D

After getting our asses handed to us after a match, we would all go pubbing to make ourselves feel better. :twisted:

And the nutty thought for the day.... on Battle Day, let Zocker go a round against each army :wink:
p0wLe

Post by p0wLe »

Yob wrote: Speaking of =GC= Gentlemanly Rules, since when do we allow squad leader rotation to keep an active spawn point during a match? The squad I was in was actively engaged in squad leader rotation.
This happened, because i had used the same key for cc communication, with which i create ingame a new squad. It was sure not my intent, to do this and i am annoyed that you even think about that. Maybe you didn't get it, but I have told this fact during the battle.

I have organized the whole crap, the only thing I have asked for is a strat, because this is not my best ability. And I got no support there. Maybe I should have announced one or more guys, to take the responsability for the team organization. I jumped from ts server to ts server to collect some additional players and nothing changed while I was away. Maybe my bad, but I think there were enough guys in TS with leading experience who could have take the responsability on their own.
NateDogg25 wrote: no structure, and to START 8 PLAYERS DOWN?, and guys get kicked , and you restart the server and go live! what a load of crap!
The start was set to 19:00h. I have said live at 19:30h!!!! Instead of complaining, think about the fact, that we are not are not able to get our people on the server in time. And if anybody says now, 'but the EA server', i simply have to give a pitiful smile. Our enemy had 32 player on the server at 18:50h from 34 sign ups at all. Maybe we would have lost not even one player, if you have shown up at time!I have written, that everybody should show up on 18:30 on the ts server. At this time, we were 12 player on their ts server!
And about going live... they gave us about 30 minutes to organize! I think that's definitley enough. They could have given us 2 hours yesterday. It wouldn't have made a difference i bet. Anyway, I don't care about your complaining nate. The date was announced 4 weeks before the battle. We had 28 sign ups and you always can count on +10 because it seems as a GC sport to show but not sign up. I don't know why it is too hard for the people to check these few boxes on ABC.

Yes they broke their rules. I have talked to Quiqueg and he was also pissed about that. But by the fact, that I couldn't say him the name of the player who destroyed the arty, he could do nothing else than tell them all to stop that.

And another thing. They haven't been that much better, like I read all over here. We were simply desorganized. Every team would have owned us that hard yesterday! That we had no fun yesterday is all on us, and not on the imbalanced strength of our opponent.

I will try to organize a rematch for a between campaign saturday, if you want me to. I would take the lead on organization and communication between the teams and by this I request another person who will be responsible for the "game" organisation. Tactics, Line up and so on.
<i><b>“I firmly believe that any man's finest hour,the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear,<br>is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious”(V. Lombardi)</i></b>
#9 - SGT:Image
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

If you re-organise it for a Saturday then I will take responsibility for the Strats and Pre-Organization if everyone who signs up agrees to show up at least 30 mins prior, preferably 1hr prior to live.
Thur
Executive
Executive

Post by Thur »

Wow this sounds familiar!

All kidding aside powle, thanks for getting the scrim set up. I know it is dissapointing to you and many others that GC does not organize properly for scrims like this. But it has happened just about everytime we hae had one. Everyone is already putting in alot of time for the camp it is too much to ask them to scrim as well. As Yob mentioned, we have been here before, competitive matches can really make you sick to your stomach if you do not play well. I know many veteran players just flat out refuse to play in competition because they cannot stand to lose.

A good indicator of how well we will do in competition is how often we see 10 or more GC members pupping together on an off battle day. Fact is we rarely have anyone pubbing at all on off battle days, at least during my hours of play.

The rules problems and disorganization are also exactly as previous scrims have been. So don't get too upset about it guys.

Yes let's do it again, maybe next time EA won't screw me.
@4|Obshtz.Thur.DAK
5A|HC|Gen|Thur
@6-Oblt.Thur/LW
7R|HC|Gen.Thur
1E|HC|SgXo.Thur
UN|=GC=Thur
S1*TRG.Thur
4P*SGT=GC=Thur
11H.=GC=Thur
ButchLion

Post by ButchLion »

Well that really sucks that we had EA problems wonder if Zokker new we were having problems, seems they coulda stall the start till we knew if it would clean up. Not all of the squads got pnwed, Ausbilder-Schmidt's squad held its own at village, we got attacked at least twice and held em down whoot hooot. So all was not bad even tho they had the bleed we still matched em in score by the numbers on the first map, in fact I think we had three guys in the 60's and they only had one, it was the bleed that killed us. But with all the confusion, especially with the ts not knowing ahead of time which ts we were using, next time list it up front so we dont have to scan thru all the chatter on the following pages. I didnt think I was goin to get to play till bout 45 mins to start time, and fumbled around tryin to get the info for the match ie game server, ts server. Also seems like they were all from Euro, maybe we shuda started the game on the NaBo server to give them a little disadvantage from the getgo, lol. My ping on their server was in the 150-180 range. Anyway thanks Powle for seting it up the little time I had was a blast, win or lose. I also got the EA glitch when they reloaded the maps, sucks when EA cant keep their account servers goin, as much as they are makin off these games, seems they would be willing to put more mula into upgrading their dang servers.
BECOME A VOTABLE MEMBER!!!!
See ya in Da Game, Da Butcher
ButchLion.Image
aka [TRG]Butchvonlio, C4 PFC, C5 PFC, C6 CPL, C7 LTC , C8 Neutral, C9 Kpt., C10 Comodore, C11 lcp, C12 lcp, C13 lcp
AusbilderSchmidt
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by AusbilderSchmidt »

ButchLion wrote: Not all of the squads got pnwed, Ausbilder-Schmidt's squad held its own at village, we got attacked at least twice and held em down whoot hooot.
Our Squad did a great job there...thx to all who support my bad english grammar...u should hear me in german...then i´am more talkative...lol :wink:
[IMG]https:///images/210831/.jpg[/IMG]
C7:CPL C8:MAJ C9:SFC C10:COL C11:TA C13:SGT
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

As with the league, GC only did well when everyone showed up an hour before battle and scrimmed/practiced the map. When our ladder/league team had people showing up at the start time or after the start time, we usually lost.

The organizition of our inter-community scrims are prettly close to none other than getting bodies to show up. Unless everyone is pubbing together on non-battledays, its going to be hard to FC at any level due to mixing of the 2 armies.

We all know its hard to win a GC battleday when the numbers are 20v24 per our +4 rule. The larger team almost has an extra squad to throw at you. In inter-community scrim, its going to be slaughter unless those 20 people can organize better than the competition.

I think a better path to take in inter-community scrimmaging is to re-form the NA Cal or EU ladder. If we can get a core of 16 people to compete regularly, then they could issue challenges to other communities and call on the GC reserves to fill out to 32 people.

In GC, the armies are equally organized/disorganized. Other communities are not equally organized/disorganized compared to GC.
Yob

Post by Yob »

Hey p0wLe!
I didn't mean that rotation thing the way it came out. Sorry if I came off accusatory. I didn't hear you when you mentioned your key binding issue...that must have been frustrating as hell. I have my ALT bound to talk and sometimes I wind up ALT-TABbing out to windows at a crucial moment.

Again...let me stress that you are not at fault for the outcome. You did everything you could to make it happen. Now we are all communicating and getting a bit organized, delegating responsibility and starting to take it semi-seriously. All it takes is one ass-kicking :P

Thur is right about pubbing time. It's a great way to get to know other =GC= members better and it helps build teamwork immensely. Waaayyy back in the day we had many nights where we would all join a random server, 12-18 =GC= ers. That was a blast...and great advertising as well. We would ven sometimes *gasp* fill the =GC= server...then some Plankenstein or other would reset it and all the pubbies would disappear.... :wink:

Ramble ramble PLAY TOGETHER ramble ramble
Netsurfer

Post by Netsurfer »

I will be brief :D
Thx to the organizer. It was fun though pwned... Let's do it again :D
Netsurfer
BFII
C11-11ARec Netsurfer --- 11th Marines, A Squad
C9-WM*JSG Netsurfer --- Russia, Mensheviks
C8-]C[Csm Netsurfer --- Interpol, CIA
C7-BA*Cpl Netsurfer --- BoB GX, Able Company
C3-S1*LCpl Netsurfer --- 1st Inf. Howlers, MEC
BF1942
@8-Obschtz.Netsurfer|KH --- 2nd Battalion, Axis
7R|2|2Lt.Netsurfer --- 2nd Battalion, Allies
6A|SB|Sgt.Netsurfer --- SeaBees Battalion, Allies
5A|3|Pfc|Netsurfer --- SIFA Squad, Allies
Athens, Greece
Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fanne »

thx for set up this !
glad to hear it was not only me with those strange EA probs, started to think that I have to re install the whole BF shite (even 42 was not able to go online), not to speak about bad thoughts like some one is hacking me...
At all I would have loved to play with ya ( and one of my former Generals in the squad ), win or loose really doesn't matter to me at this.

Let's put a new meaning to GC , Global-Confusion :wink:
SpiersCro

Weeee

Post by SpiersCro »

We will killl em
SpiersCro

Post by SpiersCro »

We will kill em
spud

can i scrim to

Post by spud »

8O :lol: :lol: if so i be there.