Moderator: Executive

BRUMMIE
Senator
Senator

The Rules

Post by BRUMMIE »

cVetko

Post by cVetko »

interesting point u have there... but i dont know if i fully agree with u...
mama...
NateDogg25

Post by NateDogg25 »

these rules seem a little vague?

Camp6*1stLTImageCamp7*Capt*ImageCamp8*LTCOL*Image
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

We are 2 weeks into the campaign and are now kicking for 0, 5, 15, and even the entire day. HCs have been reminded to remind the players. Heres the short version for the majority of the kicks which everyone already knows, but are still violating:

1) Air cant camp air. Wait until wheels are off the ground. This includes the air spawn pad where pilots wait at.
2) Do not enter/fire into enemy main during pre-live ever.
3) Do not TK or attempt to TK.
4) Do not enter or fire past the halfway point into a UCB if that army does not have a cappable flag to spawn at.
5) Do not join/rejoin a server if the numbers are imbalanced.
6) Do not ram with air vehicles.
7) If an army is unable to reduce it numbers, random people will be kicked.

If you are kicked, review the rules with your HC. If you dont like the rules, vote a change.
PinkAss

Post by PinkAss »

I just wish SL's , jet pilots and other "priority role" players wont be kicked cus of numbers in the future.
Tonight our jet pilot was kicked just before the round started and we were like wtf :O
The thing completely destroys tactics and teamplay on one side.
ramboon

Post by ramboon »

PinkAss wrote:I just wish SL's , jet pilots and other "priority role" players wont be kicked cus of numbers in the future.
Tonight our jet pilot was kicked just before the round started and we were like wtf :O
The thing completely destroys tactics and teamplay on one side.
[...]
Last edited by ramboon on Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
speed_demon

Post by speed_demon »

I see no content in Brummie's post.
GC BF1942:
5A|2|Pfc|*
6A|M|Capt.
7R|1|Sgt.*

@8-Maj.
GC BF2:
C1: US|SF|Lt.
C2: 3E*PVT
C7: BA*CPL
C8: ]C[Csm
C9: Neutral
PinkAss

Post by PinkAss »

Boony my post was about random kicking to get equal numbers on both sides =)
BRUMMIE
Senator
Senator

Post by BRUMMIE »

thats because I was asking you to read between the lines 8)
Ramrod64

Post by Ramrod64 »

Ash2Dust wrote: 1) Air cant camp air. Wait until wheels are off the ground. This includes the air spawn pad where pilots wait at.
This WAS never mentioned before!!!
If you read the rules
Fair Play Rules Paragraph Airpower wrote:Air Power

* Pilots are not allowed to perform Kamikazi attacks.
1. Kamikazing: This is defined as deliberately flying a plane or helicopter into another vehicle with the intention of disabling or destroying said vehicle. This is in violation of the Global Conflict Rules Section One Paragraph Four regarding unsportsmanlike conduct.
2. A crash is considered an accident. Don't crash too often or you might give up your seat for the day.

* Air cannot camp air. No guns no bombs and no rockets. If the plane or helo is empty or full you cannot attack it while you are in the air with a jet or helo.
1. Aircraft on the ground CAN be attacked by ground units (infantry, tanks, etc.)
I saw and heared of lots of kicks of my squadmembers. Most of the kicks were unnessasary!
The one thing is kicking by breaking the rule! - I'm ok with that but if you creating your rules because you are thinking at the moment it is a disadvantage for the army you are temporary fighting in this is not acceptable to me.
I've noticed that we suffered much more under kicking when we had less or no TAs on our side during the battles. Just a personal feeling, plz correct me if I'm wrong!

- beeing TA is like beeing referee. the problem in GC is that you are also playing for both sides and sometimes it looks like that you are not subjective.
- e.g. yesterday someone crashed 2 times in the one enemy chopper crew and and myself were also ramed by him twice. this guy had 3 more chances to crash into us till he got kicked! One bomber pilot got kicked cause he bomb the helo pad (last flag, not uncapable) hit only infantry! The chopper spawned untouched on the ground. Compairing the rules (WIKI) I think these are legal to me he havent break a rule.

What i want less kicking more playing. Maybe more warning!

Maybe check the server logs and report me if my feelings are wrong...

Ramrod, out.

maybe we should have a meeting, OR the Tas should have with the group of TAs of C8. The gaming was more fluent.

AND IF YOU ANNOUNCE "NEW" RULES ANNOUNCE THEM BEFORE THE BATTLE STARTS AND EDIT THE WIKI!!! THAT ARE THE INFOS I WORK WITH AND I'M TELLING MY SQUADMEMBERS.

note kicking for numbers ok. But kicking random was not that good especially for the attackers, cause it was the reds army time we waste in dropping. finally 14 guys played 10 guys in reserve! hard to handle for HC.
kick for numbers if the army which is under attack and wasting the attackers time! If the attacker is not able to do it in time let them handle it or if the hc request for kicking e.g. full squad or something.
Ramrod, out!

Cu on Battlefield of =Global-Conflict=
current Campaign:
cVetko

Post by cVetko »

BRUMMIE wrote:thats because I was asking you to read between the lines 8)
there are no lines to read bettwen.

btw: i agree with ramrod ... in knew these rules existed somewhere and were changed and stuff ... but i only found out because i talked to a ta about it... the fact is the rules were changed or tweaked a little something like adding a subsection but the community wasnt suficiently informed witch in my eyes makes them invalid because if somebody breaks a rule he doesnt even know exists he didnt rly break any rukles ...and if u kick him for it it will create bad fillings...

and another btw: maybe the rules changed but as far as i know u cant kick someone for attempting to break the rules because u cant rly know if his trying to break the rules.
mama...
recon35

Post by recon35 »

I'm not sure what is going on in C9 but it seams Broke!!!! There is more lag and instability with the server than I have ever seen before. Alot of my squad can't join the server, get kicked, loose connection. It just seams we are shooting from the hip and nothing is running like it should be. Here we are in C9 and ppl still can't get the rules right??? I'm to the point were I don't want to play anymore...... :cry:
Titi

Post by Titi »

Excellent post and attitude Ash.
I second it.

Too bad there are some here (check this post for example) who refuse to seek the truth and speak incorrectly about things they know little about.
Too bad they continue to do this week after week.
Ash2Dust wrote:We are 2 weeks into the campaign and are now kicking for 0, 5, 15, and even the entire day. HCs have been reminded to remind the players. Heres the short version for the majority of the kicks which everyone already knows, but are still violating:

1) Air cant camp air. Wait until wheels are off the ground. This includes the air spawn pad where pilots wait at.
2) Do not enter/fire into enemy main during pre-live ever.
3) Do not TK or attempt to TK.
4) Do not enter or fire past the halfway point into a UCB if that army does not have a cappable flag to spawn at.
5) Do not join/rejoin a server if the numbers are imbalanced.
6) Do not ram with air vehicles.
7) If an army is unable to reduce it numbers, random people will be kicked.

If you are kicked, review the rules with your HC. If you dont like the rules, vote a change.
ramboon

Post by ramboon »

recon35 wrote:I'm not sure what is going on in C9 but it seams Broke!!!! There is more lag and instability with the server than I have ever seen before. A lot of my squad can't join the server, get kicked, loose connection. It just seams we are shooting from the hip and nothing is running like it should be. Here we are in C9 and ppl still can't get the rules right??? I'm to the point were I don't want to play anymore...... :cry:
I understand you recon, you had heavy casualties on saturday, but dont worry about it maybe next time you will win. Its always like this, you lose one battle and win the next or something like this.

Just keep a cool head and try to stay around to support your ppl, even you are an officer you should take responsibility.
Stonie
Executive
Executive

Post by Stonie »

* Air cannot camp air. No guns no bombs and no rockets. If the plane or helo is empty or full you cannot attack it while you are in the air with a jet or helo.
1. Aircraft on the ground CAN be attacked by ground units (infantry, tanks, etc.)
Ramrod64 wrote:
Ash2Dust wrote: 1) Air cant camp air. Wait until wheels are off the ground. This includes the air spawn pad where pilots wait at.
This WAS never mentioned before!!!
If you read the rules
That is exactly what it says.
But boys and girls, this rule was made with the intention of the airforce to fight their battles in the air.
So is it fair game to wait untill they have the wheels of the floor for 1 inch?
According the letter of the rule: YES
According the intention: NO

Moral: STOP trying to push the envelope and start having fun, by understanding the intentions of the rules, instead spoiling the fun by trying to stretch the rules and then bitch about it.